Chapter 61: Head Steward Xie despairs

Shadowgale had already led his men to run to the door, but stopped short of touching it at the guard's words. Lou Zigui walked in front of Xie Laibao. When Xie Laibao looked up to see Supreme Commander Lou's serious face, he already felt pained despite not going through any sort of torture. Who else would he come to to find the key, if not me? But when Xie Laibao thought of his family members, he grit his teeth and decided not to reveal the location of the key even if they beat him to death.

Fang Tang ran over and bent over to pat down Xie Laibao's body for the key. Then he shook his head and said, "There's no key anywhere on him. Should we search all the guards here?" Even without Supreme Commander Lou's orders, the Dragon Guards had started to search the other guards.

"Where's the key?" Lou Zigui asked Xie Laibao, who refused to speak. Fang Tang raised a foot and stepped on Xie Laibao's fingers, causing him to cry out in pain.

"Speak!" Fang Tang kicked Xie Laibao's shoulder, causing him to roll around on the ground. The mud-covered Xie Laibao might be a slave of his house, but his master had tremendous power. Thus, Head Steward Xie's life had always been smooth and easy, so he had never suffered such hardships before. He'd just raised his head out of the muddy water for air when Fang Tang's foot attacked him once more, forcing him under. After swallowing a few mouthfuls of mud and water, Xie Laibao felt half dead already. Even so, some of the generals were still dissatisfied and shouted, "Why are you being so polite? Are you massaging his back for him?"

Fang Tang wasn't content. "What do we do if I kill this cur of a servant?"

"It doesn't matter even if he dies," Lou Zigui said coldly.

"That there," Ning Xiaoyao had words to say, but Lou Zigui simply waved a hand at her.

"Your Majesty, you don't need to involve yourself in these matters."

Xie Laibo wanted to beg for mercy and say he didn't know where the key was, but he had no strength to speak anymore. Fang Tang's foot stomped mercilessly on him until Head Steward Xie spat up blood.

Shadowgale ran over at this moment and spoke to Ning Xiaoyao and Lou Zigui in a low voice. "We've searched them all, but none of the guards have the key on them. Could they have a special location just for hiding the key?"

A general piped up, "Are there any people inside the granary?"

"Or rather, can the people inside only get out if someone outside opens the door?" another general guessed.

"We need to find the key," Shadowgale was dressed in a palm-bark rain cape, but he was thoroughly drenched by now. Anxiously he said, "Otherwise, wouldn't we have come in vain today?"

Ning Xiaoyao quietly took out the key from her bag and placed it in her palm for everyone to see. "I have the key, ah."

"......." said Supreme Commander Lou.

Σ(°△ °|︴, went everyone else.

"Th-this is impossible," Head Steward Xie muttered in a daze.

"Why aren't any of you talking anymore?" Ning Xiaoyao asked. Everyone else looked at her. What do you want us to say?

Ning Xiaoyao scratched her head before glancing at Supreme Commander Lou. What's with this situation?

Lou Zigui took the key from Ning Xiaoyao's palm. Unlike normal keys, this one was double in length. Judging by its coloring, it'd never been used before. He tested its weight in his hand before he said, "If His Majesty can find this place, then naturally he can find its key as well."

Everyone stared at Supreme Commander Lou in silence as well. Judging by your words, this is actually a very simple matter?

"Go open the door," Lou Zigui gave the key to Shadowgale.