Chapter 74: Prince Fu has ten thousand plots of fertile farmland

It was early evening when the lanterns were being lit when Lou Zigui and Ning Xiaoyao returned to the palace. Shadowgale and the rest had arrived long in advance, and had even sent Dragon Guards and imperial guards to look for the pair. Shadowgale himself had started thinking of the worst case scenario and thought that Grand Preceptor Xie had managed to get rid of His Majesty and Supreme Commander.

Ning Xiaoyao was still wearing her simple-minded grin when she jabbed at her nose and told Shadowgale, "How could anyone successfully assassinate me? If I couldn't beat them, I'd just run away!"

Shadowgale looked at His Majesty's row of little white teeth and felt that he really had worried over nothing.

"Little Fang's still not back yet?" Ning Xiaoyao asked after looking over the crowd.

Shadowgale said, "General Fang is still at the Grand Preceptor's estate."

"Oh, then let's keep him there to torment the guy," Ning Xiaoyao said carelessly. As long as Fang Tang wasn't bothering her, it was fine.

Shadowthunder scooted over and said, "Your Majesty, the Grand Preceptor said he's lost a set of 24 brushes with Jiangnan scenes etched into the handles. It was given to him by the late emperor."

"Is that so?" Ning Xiaoyao's hand brushed against her bag, but her expression didn't change. "Who knows if he's telling the truth? Ignore him."

Shadowthunder nodded. "Your Majesty is right. This subordinate doesn't think it's true, either. Funnily enough, the Grand Preceptor even got into an argument with Elder Li over those very brushes."

Ning Xiaoyao cleared her throat. "Elder Li knows that the Grand Preceptor lost his brushes too?"

Shadowthunder nodded again.

Ning Xiaoyao walked towards the main hall. It looked like she'd have to hold off on selling those brushes just yet, at least until after the news died down. (Author: Just how much do you fear Elder Li? o(╯□╰)o)

"Your Majesty," Song Jin ran through the gates of Supreme Splendor Hall with a report just then, "The imperial clansmen are asking for an audience outside the palace."

Ning Xiaoyao subconsciously looked towards Lou Zigui, who asked, "How many of them came?"

"All the ones who should have come," Song Jin replied in a low voice.

"There's no need for His Majesty to see them," Supreme Commander Lou turned towards Ning Xiaoyao. "You're the emperor. No one can force you to do anything."

Ning Xiaoyao inexplicably felt that she was pretty awesome. Everyone else fell silent instead. Those are the imperial clansmen. His Majesty's currently at odds with the Grand Preceptor and empress dowager. Supreme Commander, are you egging His Majesty to fight against the entire imperial clan as well?

"Then we'll forget about them," Ning Xiaoyao was heading towards the hall, but now she turned to head towards the door instead. "I'll go have a talk with Prince Fu instead."

Lou Zigui hastened to raise his hand and block Ning Xiaoyao's way. "What is Your Majesty planning to talk about with Prince Fu? Don't tell me you're going to 'chat about life' with him,"

"........" said everyone else. Supreme Commander, can't you be more respectful towards His Majesty?

"I heard Elder Li say that Fatty Fu has 10,000 plots of fertile farmland, ah," Ning Xiaoyao replied. "I'm planning to take them off Prince Fu's hands." She could use money to buy seeds, but she couldn't do much after that. Ning Xiaoyao was a thorough planner, so she'd set her sights on those 10,000 plots of fertile farmland as soon as Elder Li had mentioned them.