099

cara ty

cara chuckled when the hosts of her favorite variety show cracked a joke. she's trying her best to think positively, and now she's sitting on the chair in the lobby watching tv shows to distract herself and so that she can't overthink and burst into tears.

it's already 4 o'clock in the morning. siya na lang mag-isa sa lobby, tapos na rin 'yung janitor sa paglilinis and the couple who were with her a while ago already went home. she overheard their conversation, that's why.

"can't sleep?" jeno sat beside her and offered her a milk drink which she immediately took.

"ikaw? natulog ka ba this week?" she said and chuckled.

"nakatulog naman," he said and laughed.

casandra already went home. doon din niya pinatuloy sina hyunjin at yangyang. minjoo visited a while ago and went home to cook them breakfast.

"hindi naman halatang nagmamadali kang pumunta dito," jeno said, laughing at her outfit. nakapajama lang siya at hoodie and she's wearing slippers.

"sorry na. biglaan kasi yung pagsabi ni hyunjin at wala na sa isip ko ang magpalit ng damit," she said as she fixes her hair.

"that's jaemin's hoodie, right?" he asked, pointing the hoodie that she's wearing. cara smiled and shoved her hands in the pocket of the hoodie.

"at first i didn't notice it. basta kinuha ko lang 'yung unang hoodie na nakita ko," she said and laughed, remembering everything that happened for the past hours.

"i'm sorry, cara," she looked at jeno and smiled.

"no. i understand," cara took a sip from her milk drink and looked at the tiled floor of the hospital. it was still the same. it's nostalgic.

"i remembered when we were younger. i literally cried on that spot," she said and pointed the chair beside a vending machine while cackling.

"yeah. the memory was still vivid," jeno said. "you still cared for him after all his pranks and bullying," he added

"i care for all of you. kahit si jaemin na inaasar ako palagi. you are all close to my heart," she said "ang pinagkaiba lang ngayon, natamaan siya at tinamaan na ako. kaya medyo praning ako ngayon,"

they both laughed at napailing na lang. parang kailan lang, mga bata pa sila nung huli nilang punta dito. cara still remember how they ran down the lobbies everytime na bibisitahin nila si jaemin, at kung paano pinagalitan sina haechan ng mga nurses noong sumakay silang lahat kasabay ni jaemin sa wheelchair.

they are still unproblematic that time. they still haven't encountered complicated things such as falling in love.

"that night, our teacher had forbidden him to go out but jaemin asked him that if he could master all the steps in one night ay papalabasin na siya and spend the whole weekend as day offs. he was tired, we are forcing him to rest but he really wanted to finish it. na-trigger yung likod niya and all he was asking us was to contact you and cover him para hindi ka mag-alala," cara lowered her gaze as she listens to jeno.

"gago ang selfless niya gago siya," cara said.

the tears that she was trying to hold fell down. she can't hold it anymore especially right now. she hates him for being so selfless.

"kakasabi ko lang sa kanya na 'wag muna pumunta eh. gago siya walangya siya bakit siya ganyan? nasaktan siya dahil sa akin," cara said between her sobs and jeno immediately embraced her.

"no. wala kang kasalanan, okay? hindi yun dahil sa puyat o sa pagmamadali. sadyang may sumablay lang na action kaya bumalik 'yung sakit." jeno said, trying to calm and comfort her.

maybe he's right, maybe that's what the doctor said to them or maybe he just said that to make her feel better. but she couldn't help but to blame herself.

"nobody's at fault here okay? cara look at me," jeno caressed her chin and cara looked at him with her puffy and teary eyes.

"think positive. you are his strength so don't lose your energy kasi diyan kukuha ng lakas ng loob si jaemin. nalampasan niya ito years ago so malalampasan din niya ito ngayon, okay?" Jeno gave her a reassuring smile which made her feel better.

She took a deep breath and smiled. Right now, all she can do is to think positive. Masamang damo 'yang si Jaemin. Strong 'yan. She kidded to herself as they made their way back to Jaemin's room.

a/n

gEoKje0nG hAjiMaAaAA