"Hearts"

30

𝙹𝙰𝙽𝙰𝙷

"OF WITH YOUR

head!" The yell made the blonde haired startled, his arms being gripped by the guards and his icy-blue eyes fear struck. "No! Please!" He yelled at the heartless prince; his suit was red, black, white and it had the hearts splattered in random positions— his mother, The Queen Of Hearts, at his side.

"Take him away!" Jonah yelled once more, the glare he sent the guards making them quickly turn around and drag Corbyn towards the dungeons; to keep him away in a cell. "No! No, please! I will do anything!" Jonah immediately motioned to the guards to stop, them turning around and making the adult face the prince with tears glazing his eyes. "Anything, you say?" "Anything, please," The sniffle Corbyn let out made Jonah roll his eyes, turning to his mother and looking into her familiar eyes for further instructions.

"This one's yours, Heart, do your most wicked. He betrayed us, after all," She told him with a smile, brushing her fingers along his jawline. "Hm, how about his most precious something, item, person, i wouldn't care. What do you think, mother?" "You're just like your mother, Heart. Just like me," She left a kiss on his cheek, painting the pale skin red in the form of her lips and left her son to deal with the peasant.

"Wait, no, i can't," Corbyn spoke out, he could never hand his son over to them; not in a million years. "Well, you don't have a choice anymore!" With a sway of his hand, Jonah used his inherited magic to figure out what Corbyn's most precious thing was and in only seconds he saw the most adorable boy with the curliest hair and the cutest smile in the small, red cloud above the parent's head.

"I want him. You're only chance to live, now, is if you hand him over to me," The blonde shook his head, trashing in the guards' grips to come loose, but they didn't let go— their grip only tightened on him. "It's either you hand him over, or you die and i will find him myself, maybe leave a bruise, or two on his pale, snow-white skin," The parent's tears increased, falling down his cheeks as he heard Jonah's continues talking. "Tell me where he is and i will teleport him here, so you could say goodbye. Or, you will never see each other again, because it's off with your head,"

"Tea party," Jonah looked the blonde in his eyes, hearing the mumble incoherently. "What?" "He's at the Mad Hatter's tea party," Jonah grinned at the sentence, snapping his fingers and closing his eyes. The small, red smoke appeared form his fingers and soon became bigger and brighter. In a matter of seconds the curly-headed stood before him, confused at how he had suddenly been transported to the Hearts castle.

"Dad? What's going on?" His head turned to let his eyes wander at the situation, his eyes widening at the fact his father was being held back by the guards. "Let him go," Jonah dismissed them and immediately Corbyn ran towards his son and held him tightly; his arms securely around the seventeen year old's figure.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," Corbyn's fingers raked through the curly hair, holding Jack close to him and letting his tears fall freely while his son looked around confusedly. "What are you talking about? What's going on?" Jonah snickered at the question, making Jack turn his head around and face him. "Your beloved father, here, gave you to me in exchange for his freedom. Oh, and that was enough of a goodbye. See you later, Corbyn," Another sway of his hand and Jack fell down to the ground, having been leaning on his father, before he disappeared in the smoke.

Without a word, Jack sat silently on the checkered tiles, just thinking about the situation he was put in; his father was gone and Jonah watched him from where he sat on his throne. "You could have refused," He spoke softly, looking up at the prince. "Why did you take me? You could have refused my father's words," Jonah smiled, walking towards the curly-headed and gripping his arm gently. The taller brunette pulled him up. "I did. Your father didn't want to gift you to me. He refused to and begged not to even, but i knew it would hurt him, so i had no choice," Jack frowned at the word that left Jonah's mouth. "You had no choice?" "No, i did not. It was the only way to make mother proud of me,"