Who

A node turns to face us, "Please help me. Please help me."

"Oh, my God." River looked horrified, she then turned to me, "Swear to me that when we have kids, we will never do this."

I nod. This was horrible.

"It's the little girl. The girl we saw in the computer.'

"She's not in the computer. In a way, she is the computer. The main command node. This is Cal." When they looked at me confused, I knew I had to clarify, "Mr. Lux had made sure I was aware and the planet itself told me in a way."

"Cal is a child? A child hooked up to a mainframe? Why didn't you tell me this? I needed to know this!" 

"Because she was his family! Cal. Charlotte Abigail Lux. His grandfather's youngest daughter. She was dying, so he built her a library and put her living mind inside, with a moon to watch over her, and all of human history to pass the time. Any era to live in, any book to read. She loved books more than anything, and he gave her them all. He asked only that she be left in peace. A secret, not a freak show." Not a freak show.

The Doctor looked to the girls stale face, "So you weren't protecting a patent, you were protecting her."

"This is only half a life, of course. But it's forever. In a world she can make herself."

"And then the shadows came." I nodded solemnly.

"The shadows. I have to. I have to save. Have to save."

"And she saved them. She saved everyone in the library. Folded them into her dreams and kept them safe." I nodded 

"Then why didn't she tell us?"

"Because she's forgotten. She has lived in her own world for so long."

The Doctor continued, "She's got over four thousand living minds chatting away inside her head. It must be like being, well, me."

I could relate as well. 

"So what do we do?" River looked between the Doctor and I, she then wiped a tear from my eye.

I felt warm, ill. My mind was heavy. I was going to forget. I don't want to forget, I dont want to be forgotten.

I don't want to go.

Autodestruct in ten minutes.

"Easy! We beam all the people out of the data core. The computer will reset and stop the countdown. Difficult. Charlotte doesn't have enough memory space left to make the transfer. Easy! I'll hook myself up to the computer. She can borrow my memory space." Who is this man that spits put a hundred words a second... No, I remember.

"Difficult. It'll kill you stone dead." I will miss her laugh. I doubt I will hear it again.

His hair was spiked, that's cool. "Yeah, it's easy to criticise." 

"It'll burn out both your hearts and don't think you'll regenerate."

"I'll try my hardest not to die. Honestly, it's my main thing." I think that that is a lie. 

"Doctor!" Doctor who?

"I'm right, this works. Shut up. Now listen. You, Dave, and Wildes, back up to the main library. Prime any data cells you can find for maximum download, and before you say anything else, Professor," She turns, "can I just mention in passing as you're here, shut up."

"Oh! I hate you sometimes." That was a lie. She could never hate him.

"I know!" He smirks

"Dr. Wildes, Dave, with me. Anita, if he dies, I'll kill him!" Something isn't right, I can't remember that other mans name.

Our small group hopped back on a platform thing... No, I remember what this is called. Its a Gravity- its a gravity platform.

Yeah.

We get on the gravity platform and a man... No, I know him... Dave. Pilot Dave.

Yeah.

He heads over to the computer.

I pull River aside, "I love you. I love you, so so much."

"I love you too. What's wrong?"

"I love your laugh, Your hair, your name both chosen and given, I love your eyes, your smile, your sense of adventure. I love you with everything in my heart, but my head." I was sobbing, "Oh my head!"

It's killin' me!

The curly hair hits my face, "Ophelia, Lia. You will be okay, you will remember."

The cries, they hurt my heart. But, I can't remember why.

"I have to go, but you will remember. You will be okay!" The woman with the sad face and the curly blonde hair left. And for some reason... I swear my heart broke.

Autodestruct in two minutes.

***

"Excuse me?" There are a lot of people here, "What happened? How did we get here?"

"I was gonna ask you the same." So many people were staring at me, I decided to go back to the bottom floor I had been.

When I got there, I saw a sad man handcuffed to a copper pipe, "She's gone. River."

"Who?"

"Your wife, Professor River Song. She's gone, she saved them... They are safe because of her." I don't understand. I have a wife?

The sad man looked just as confused as I felt, "Dr. Wildes?"

"Who?"

***

One more chapter.