Drunken

After a couple cups of wine, Melody took me back to Stormhold. I stumbled over to my bookshelf to water my plants, and only after spilling half the water did Melody come help me, "When was the last time you drank?"

I giggled, "Before Pandora was born. And only then was it on rare occasions."

"No wonder mother was so worried after your second glass." I could tell she was scolding herself for letting me drink so much.

I pulled her into a hug, "Thanks for taking me home."

"I messed up our trip to Asgard-"

I shook my head, "To your home. To your family. It takes guts to trust someone enough to do that." I was still leaning into her, my head to heavy to pick up. "Your reallu comfy."

I felt her chuckle in her chest, "Thanks, I guess."

"It's a compliment. For some reason, the beds here are really uncomfortable. I normally sleep by the window."

"I noticed. You always fall asleep at that little desk they gave you."

I nodded into her chest, "It's better than the stupid bed."

She chuckled again, "Could you tell that your words were very slurred?"

"Nope." I put extra emphasise on the 'p', causing me to giggle just a tad.

"Wine has a really low percentage of alcohol. I am surprised it only took you 4 glasses."

I closed my eyes and smiled widely will tilting my head up, "It's a special skill I have."

Melody laughed. The same laugh I had first heard when I meant her. The whole reason I have her that nickname, "Do you like the nickname I gave you? Would you prefer it if I called you River?"

Her hair lightly tickled my nose as she shook her head, "I like Melody just fine. It's my real name, you know."

"I didn't know."

"Well, you used to." I felt her playing softly with my hair and that was when I realized we were sitting on the bed, Melody holding me and just carrying on the conversation.

"Right. Then, I meant Ginger who introduced me to time travel."

"Ginger?"

I hummed, "I think her name was Iris, used to love the flower, anyways she told me to protect you."

"What do you mean?"

"When you went by Mels? You had a friend outside of the Ponds. Lia, well she was more than a friend, had blonde hair, blue eyes?"

"How did I not realize it sooner?"

I shrugged, "I got called to deal with some legal affairs after you were taken to the hospital bed. I had seen you again since Moors took me to a time to meet you again. I had remembered you, you didn't remember me. Must've been a first."

River started talking, but all I could hear was her heart beating. Before I kissed her cheek and settled down in her lap, "You used to say I was your 'mate' and I doubt it was in the friendship way. I remember those feelings, the ones I had for you. I don't know if I remember then exactly, but I've come to realize I feel the same way about you that I used to. Ginger told me to make sure you feel loved, I can only hope I am doing a proper job."

***

I stared down at the soft, sleeping purple face that rested in my lap. She was given the job to look over me, and she has no idea of all the times she followed through. She has told me different variations of the first time she fell for me, but this was the first time I was told this story.

It upset me that I couldn't remember. Then I realized it was silly. She hardly remembered any other times she had told me she loved me, or some form of it. It makes my heart flutter a bit each time, but as time goea on, I know I am falling for someone else.

Ophelia Wildes will always have a hold of my heart, but the Doctor has captured another portion.

I am fearful of the day he doesn't know me, as it will likely be my end. Where as I hate the mornings I wake up and the other woman I have grown to love has no recognition when looking at me.

It hurts to love two completely different individuala, knowing that it there will be a day in which neither of them will be able to look me in the face and state my name.

The day that happens, is the day I will die of a broken heart.

***

This book will be coming to an end... I say 5 more chapters at most. Be prepared for tears.