Authors Note

I'm sickened.

Recently, the topic of school shootings brought some interest to me. I'm very interested in the human mind, and often, perpetrators of school shootings have mental disorders. This is often due to bullying, seclusion and abuse.

I've been reading of school shootings taken around the world, ranging from Parkland, Florida, to Beslen, Russia.

All I can think about is the horror those people must have gone through, The suffering. The pain. The families of the victims, remembering with a shattered heart of their son, daughter, wife, husband.

So many people I know that go to my school laugh, joke and make fun of school shootings. Thinking it won't happen. Thinking its just something to mess around with.

That literally gives me so much anger, that no one realizes that this could actually happen. That we cannot laugh about people being killed! We have to stand up and fight! Yet the people who want to are too scared because they know those idiots who laugh about these events will make fun of them.

This research started out as an understanding of what goes through peoples mind during a shooting, and circumstances that lead up to it.

It ended with the desire to fight for better gun laws around the world, the protection of students and the need to improve security.

The story will be a little dark. Please take caution before you read. I advise that if you are prone to triggers of violence, such as guns, shootings and this topic in general, kindly exit out of this story and read something more... lighthearted.

This oneshot is dedicated to every single person who suffered from a school shooting. To those who lost loved ones in a school shooting. To those who lost their friends and teachers. To those who are standing up and fighting. To those who want safety for just going to school, and not worrying about their lives.

To every student in the world.

(first place in modern au in Naruto Wattys 2019 awards)