Chapter 3

Kate enveloped me in a hug as soon as I opened the door. She knew that I had been struggling with all the changes with Christian being in the hospital and with work. She was always so supportive. I knew that I could handle anything that came my way but I still wanted the comfort of my best friend.

"How are you" gushed Kate

"It's been hard but i'm working through it" I said honestly

"I can't even imagine how hard it has been. You guys are still newlyweds" Kate said shocked.

"I know, everything is happening so fast. I just hope i can do good by Christian" I said worried

"If i know anything about you Ana is that you are smart, and will figure all this out" Kate assured me

"You sure?" I said seeming unsure of myself.

"I'm positive" Kate said "I will be here as long as you need, but i know that you have a long day tomorrow, so just say the word and i'll let you go to bed"

Kate and I laughed, chatted and gossiped for several hours till it became quite late. I Thanked her for coming over and let her know that i appreciated her support. I talked over my fears and what i should do now that i would be taking over temporarily for Christian. I needed to talk to someone other than Christian about what i was feeling. Christian was so methodical in his thinking. He made running a billion dollar corporation look so easy. I knew that i had others to help me but i felt like i was under incredible pressure. I was very different than Christian and i knew that there would be some people that may not like having Christian's inexperienced wife running the show. I needed to learn everything there was to learn about Grey Enterprises. I called Ros and asked if i could have a day to go through how Grey Enterprises is run in each department.

"You want to learn how everything is run" Ros asked a bit confused

"Yes, i feel that if the head of each department took a day or so to take me through everything i would be better equipped to assist you and the board of directors in running things" I explained to her

"I understand that, but that will take longer than a few days, Ana" She said "There are alot of departments to go through"

"I'll start with the accounting department, looking over all the investments. I will visit every floor. I will start right after our meeting" I said

"Sounds like a good place to start" She agreed.

"I want to make sure that i make myself known and approachable to everyone" I said feeling confident in my decision.

Mrs. Jones made a steak with broccoli and cheese for dinner. The whole apartment felt empty and foreign without Christian's warm presence. I ate my dinner in silence then fell asleep watching Netflix in the living room. I didn't feel like sleeping in our bed without Christian.