Chapter 30

"Would the prosecution please call their first witness to the stand?" Judge Brown stated. 

  This was it!

  In order for Seth to convince the jury that Mr Benjamin had committed the crime of killing his best friend, he had to have a solid witness, one that would give an excellent reason and testimony.

 I doubt he had one.

   Seth is a great lawyer. He was also a great friend and an excellent lover but there was no way he could get a witness that could prove that my client was guilty especially since I now have proof that he wasn't. 

"Thank you, Your Honor. The prosecution would like to call Mariam Samuels to the stand." Seth announced. I looked at the back to see the bailiff escorting Mariam to the front. When Mariam was standing on the stand, Seth stood, ready to begin his argument. 

   Why didn't I guess this? Of course, he'd put Harrison's wife on the stand first. But I don't mind because he just made my day a whole lot easier. 

    Seeing him was unnerving. It had my emotions all over the place but I knew I had to stay in check, this was the last hearing for this case and I couldn't mess it up. Maybe after the case was close I could try and talk to him but for now, my head had to be hundred per cent in the game and not on the opposing attorney who happened to have confessed his love for me then threw me out of his apartment. 

 I sighed.

  Stop!

Focus on the case!

  "Mrs. Samuels, can you raise your right hand." Mariam obeyed, "Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing the truth so help you, God?

  'I do."

  "Please be seated."

   "Mrs. Samuels, please introduce yourself to the court," Seth asked as he gave me a small reassuring smile. 

 "My name is Mariam Samuels, Harrison Samuels was my husband," she answered her voice cracked when she said his name. 

"Can you describe the relationship between you had with Mr. Samuels?"

  "It was great, of course until I found he was cheating me." the blonde woman answered almost immediately. 

"And when exactly did you find out that your husband was cheating on you?"

"About two years ago."

Seth nodded his head and place his hand in his pocket. 

   "Mrs. Samuels, earlier this week you told me that you thought Mr. Benjamin had killed your husband why is that so?" I little thought in my head told me to object but I didn't I wanted to hear every little detail that came from her mouth. 

"I saw them arguing about a week before his death."

  Seth walked over to the side of the jury and stopped then asked, "What were they arguing about?"

  "I think Matthew found out that Harrison and Grace were having an affair."

Matthew tapped me on my shoulder and then whispered in my ears, "That's a lie."

  I nod my head at him and whispered, "I know."

  Seth turned to the jury, "A love war we see. Matthew Benjamin found out that Mr Samuels, his best friend was sleeping with his wife. He reacted by killing him." he turned to judge, "No further questions, Your Honor."

Seth walked over to his side of the court and took a seat, he didn't look over my side.

The bad blood and tension were boiling.