Ch. 29

"Elise! Time for dinner," my mother calls from down stairs. I get up from my bed and walk down stairs. I make sure not to hit my hand on anything. I broke it recently on a trampoline.

I sit at the far end of the table. "What are we having?" I ask. My stomach growls.

"Will you wait?" She smiles at me. "Your brother and his friend is coming home in just a few minutes. "Im going to go get your sister," she walks out of the room.

I've really got to retake my last test. I did horribly. I've just got so caught up in reading fantasy lately, I'd really love to go on an adventure like that someday.

I sigh as my brother opens the door. "Hey Elise."

"Hey, who'd you being home this time?" I ask.

"Oh just a friend," he shrugs. "We're going to eat dinner in my room," he grabs two plates of spaghetti and walks into his room. I shrug and turn around. His friend follows him into the other room.

My sister, my mother, and I all sit at the dinner table and eat and talk about how our days went. Mine went pretty well. I've got a date to prom. I've pretty much got caught up on all of my homework. Life's doing pretty good so far.

"Elise," I blink at my mother.

"Hmm?"

"Will you come back down?" She shakes her head and twirls spaghetti around her fork. "You've just been in space for the last few days."

"Yeah," I sigh. I get up and wash my dish. "I'm going to go see if the boys are done with their dishes," I point to the hallway.

"Tell your brother to come here while you're down there," I nod and knock before going in.

"Jacob! Are you done with your food?" I ask. He nods, trying to concentrate on his game. "Oh and mom wants you."

"Oh my god," he sighs and pauses the game. I look over at his friend.

He's handsome. Really light colored hair. His eyes are pretty close to that color too, but they have specks of grey in them. He's wearing a muscle shirt and has a tattoo on his shoulder. "You done?" I ask.

He nods and hands me his plate. "Thanks."

"It's no problem. It's my day to do dishes," I nod. "I'm Elise, by the way," I move the dishes around so I can stick out my hand.

"That's a pretty name," he smiles. Two dimples appear in his cheeks. "It's nice to meet you. My name is Avery."

***

Well that's a wrap guys. Yep. It's done!!! This is my first finished book! Holy shit wow. I've been thinking a lot about this ending. Don't know if I like it or not. I've literally been putting off posting it for months. But oh well.

Well I just want to tell you I love you guys and keep on reading my stuff, I'll be posting other books and such. I don't know. Try them out or whatever. Ask me questions, keep voting and sharing and following and being awesome.

I love you all. Even if you didn't get this far. But wow. Okay. Awesome. Thanks for helping me finish this guys

Vote/comment/follow