Ch. 10

Elise pov

I ride the bus into school. When I get off I get weird stares at me. 

One preppy girl comes up to me, putting her hand on my shoulder saying, "it's okay." I frown and shrug her hand off. 

I meet Avery outside and sit with him until the bell rings. 

Someone else walks past me, turning to her friend and murmuring something before looking at me and giving me a small smile. 

"Have people been acting weird?" I ask. 

He looks around and shakes his head. 

All through the day I get things like, "are you doing okay?" or "I can't imagine it." 

I actually get frustrated and ask someone. 

"I hope you can get through it," a girl with firey red hair comes up to me. 

"Get through what?" 

"Oh the abuse," she puts a hand over her heart. 

"Wait a minute. Where did you hear that?" I blink, frowning. 

"It's okay, you don't have to deny it," she smiles and walks away, leaving me. 

I growl. 

"Mrs. Warwood, can I see you?" the teacher asks. 

I clench my teeth and walk up. 

"I heard about your situation," she says quietly. 

"My situation?" I frown. 

"Do you need to go see a councler?" 

"No!" I explode. "No, I don't need a councler, or help or support or people feeling bad for me! What I need is for people to stop talking about it!" 

The room gets silent as I stomp back to my seat. Avery walks in and sits next to me. 

"Yes I've heard and no I don't want to talk about it," I put my hand up, reading his expression. 

He shuts his mouth. 

We walk to lunch, meeting up with Claire to grab food. My stomach starts to ache so much that it hurts to stand up. I take a breath and try to ignore it but its slowly getting worse.

"Hey guys I'm going to sit down," I put my hand against my stomach. 

"Aren't you going to eat?" Claire questions. 

"No," I rub my stomach. "I'm not really hungry anyways." 

I walk to the table, sitting down and putting my head on the table and breathing out again. I suddenly feel very hot. I rub my forehead and shut my eyes. 

"Hey," Avery's hand appears on my back. "Are you feeling alright?" I shake my head. "What's wrong?" he asks, circling his thumb.

"My stomach hurts," I whisper, looking up slightly. 

He takes my shoulders. "Here, let me feel your head," he slowly puts his hand against my skin but instantly pulls back. "You're burning up." 

"Is there anything you can do?" I murmur. 

"No," he shakes his head. 

Claire comes up to us and with food. "Hey champ. How yeah doing?" 

I shake my head again. 

"Let's get you to the nurse or somewhere," Avery says. 

I pick myself up and get about two inches before I get light headed and Avery has to catch me because I fall.