Chapter 2

^Grace^

                                                                                       ^Grace^

Waking up, Surge did not know what was going on. His vision was blurred, but he could hear a soft gentle voice humming. The sound of the voice was causing him to relax some while his vision cleared up.

 When his vision cleared, Surge was able to see who was humming. He was surprised to find a mermaid, sitting next to him. He saw that she was mixing herbs. Surge knew these herbs were medical. 

He wondered to himself, 'is she trying to heal me? Why would a mermaid try to help a shark?'

The mermaid turned around, and saw that Surge was awake. Without saying a word, she held the bowl of mixed herbs out to him. Still wondering if she was truly trying to help, Surge skeptically to the bowl, and consumed the contents.

When he was done, he made a disgusted face. He then watched as she tipped her satchel out, and some shrimp came out. The mermaid then backed up and motioned to the shrimp. Surge understood, and was glad to be able to eat something to get rid of the taste of the herbs.

After eating Surge grew tired, and went back to sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace was happy the shark was compliant about taking the medicine. Since she found him, she felt she was responsible for his well being.

After checking his bandages, she too felt tiredness creeping up on her. So she laid down and went to sleep on the opposite side of the room.