Spill That Spring Break Tea (1)

Start from the beginning

The two stayed in their embrace for a bit. Kyle could feel Stan's heartbeat slow down as his breath was steadying. He was so stressed out at school, and screamed at people who were distracting him from studying, yet Kyle felt so fragile in Stan's arms. He was holding onto him tightly, but there was a certain gentleness to it. Kyle slightly ran his fingers over Stan's shirt, and he was scared he might start crying from the familiar feeling of the fabric. Kyle let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and damn, he had no idea how much he just needed a familiar hug.

"Alright, move it fags, you're blockin' the TV here," Cartman complained, ending the atmosphere of the hug. The two friends separated, and Kyle smiled at Stan, who felt his neck heat up.

The four friends lounged around for a long while, playing video games and laughing at whatever bullshit they were talking about. Around lunch, Kyle kindly declined the meal his mom would make so he and his friends could go out instead. The group ended up eating at KFC, playing with their food and making fun of the people around them.

Stan noticed himself paying too close attention to Kyle. It felt like every time he spoke, his ears would listen more intently. With every small brush of contact between the two, Stan's nerves felt like they were being shocked. The weirdest thing though, was when Kyle would laugh. Stan looked at Kyle's features every time he did. How his hands covered his mouth and how his eyes would look so pretty. Stan thought he would collapse purely because of the joy his friend was experiencing. He mentally slapped himself. This was pretty gay.

At one point, Kyle excused himself to the bathroom, and Kenny fried to death by the deep-fryer in the KFC's kitchen, which only left Stan and Cartman at the table. Cartman broke the silence between them. "Yo this stuff kicks ass," he said as he inhaled more chicken. Stan cringed. "You're disgusting, dude." Cartman just rolled his eyes as he dipped a leg in gravy. "Not as disgusting as you pining for Kyle." Stan stilled and had a surprised look on his face. A blush creeped onto his features. "Shut up Cartman, the joke's not even funny," Stan said, sipping at his soda as an attempt to calm down. 

"I'm not joking Stan, and we both know it," Cartman responded, "I see how you look at him. I knew you were a fag." Stan just sat in silence. There was no way he fell in love with his best friend, right? He just cares about him, that's all. Stan just wants to be there for Kyle, and be next to him at all times, and maybe hold his hand, and...

...oh crap...

Stan blushed, and stared Cartman dead in the eye. "Don't you fucking tell Kyle, I swear to god." Cartman slyly grinned and chuckled. "Don't worry Stan, I'm not that much of an asshole." Stan just sipped at his soda again and squinted. "Yeah you are..." he mumbled.

The rest of the day progressed nicely, with the group chilling out and Kyle feeling a lot less tired. Stan, on the other hand, felt emotionally exhausted. Realizing that he had romantic feelings to the closest person in his life really sent a kick to him. He honestly just really wanted to spend some time with Kyle alone, so he quickly agreed when Kyle asked him if he wanted to sleep over.

Stan never felt happier being in such close proximity to Kyle when they finally decided to hit the hay. He stared at Kyle for what felt like hours while he was asleep. It was kinda creepy, but Stan couldn't help but gaze upon this amazing human being, or at least Stan thought he was. He felt like he was staring at some higher being, like a peasant praising a god. But at the same time, Stan felt like a protector, and that he would prevent any danger to happen to Kyle. In the end, though, Kyle was his best friend. He loves him with everything he's got. Stan was surprised that he only fell in love with Kyle just now, or maybe he always was, and he didn't notice.

Damn, Cartman was right, he is so gay for Kyle.

Tuesday

The next morning, Stan woke up to already find Kyle up and about. He was brushing his teeth while busying himself around his room, putting clothes away and throwing trash in the bin. Stan didn't say anything for a while, and quietly looked at the college kid in his natural head space. Stan felt his throat tightening and a smile tug at his lips. He had no idea why he loved looking at this so much. Eventually, Kyle noticed Stan's staring and jumped back a bit.