IV

Beomgyu opened his locker and put away most of his books. He kept a vocal training book with him because Mr. Jeon assigned them a lot of homework. He was relieved that the school day was finally over. The boy received a lot of judgmental and snarky comments and couldn't wait to get away from it all. He slammed his locker door shut and was about to leave when he felt someone tug on the back of his bag, causing him to almost fall over, "What the fu-"

"Watch your mouth," the other voice demanded.

Beomgyu turned around, "Oh Soobin!"

Soobin grabbed the younger's arm, dragging him somewhere, "We need to talk." Beomgyu wanted to object, but feeling the tension, he decided against it. When they reached behind the the main building Soobin threw Beomgyu's arm down and glared at him.

"So," Beomgyu rubbed his arm that was still hurting from Soobin's tight grasp, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Why did you do it?" Soobin asked, "Why did you have to pin that guy down in public? Why did you decide to cheat Jennie? Why did you think any of this was ok?"

Beomgyu gasped, "It wasn't like that!"

"I don't care what kind of nasty stuff you do on your own, but you're in part of a group now," Soobin raised his voice, "The things you do in public reflect on all of us. You could destroy all of our careers!"

"Soobin," Beomgyu paused, "You don't really believe all of this stuff do you? I already explained it to you guys this morning. I was set up! I was ill or drugged or something about me was off last night and I fell over."

Soobin rolled his eyes, "If you're going to lie about it at least make it realistic."

Beomgyu groaned, he was getting tired of people calling him a liar, "I'm not lying!" He grabbed onto Soobin's jacket, "You're my friend, I thought you would believe me."

"Who said I was your friend? I'm your band mate and leader, that's it," Soobin stated.

"Wow! What a great leader you are," Beomgyu scoffed.

Soobin pushed the shorter boy's chest, "Look, all I'm saying is to watch yourself  because not only do you have your reputation to worry about, you have everyone's reputation on your shoulders now, understand?"

Soobin started to walk away and Beomgyu should feel sad, he just lost one of his closest friends, but all he could feel was anger. Taehyun's words rang through his head, 'He'll get over it.'

"Hey," Beomgyu called out, but the older just waved him off.

'He'll get over it. He'll get over it.'

"Hey!" he tried a little louder this time.

The brown haired boy stopped and looked at him, "Beomgyu I don't want to listen to your stories anymore."

"You're wrong!" he shouted, "We are friends! You're just mad, but you'll get over it, we'll get over it, the whole school will get over it! I'm not gay and I didn't pin that guy on purpose. Even if all of that was true I never would of done it to hurt Jennie like that. I cared about her a lot, Soobin. It's messed up and whether you believe me or not, I don't care, because we're going to use Mr. Park's plan and overcome this together, understand?"

Soobin just stood there, dumbfounded. He saw what happened this morning with Jennie and wasn't expecting Beomgyu to actually stand up for himself. He looked back at Beomgyu who had regret written across his face, he probably wasn't expecting it either.

"Soobin I-" Beomgyu started, when Soobin made his way back toward him.

"You have a lot of confidence," Soobin smiled, "You should show it more often."