I

"Thank you for coming out to see us today," Soobin bowed towards the crowd in front of them.

"We wouldn't be where we are now without your support." Kai yelled, "We love you!" A goofy smile played on his lips after receiving a few screams in return.

"Thank you," they all bowed in unison before returning backstage.

-

Big Hit Academy, or BHA for short, was an elite school that trained young musicians and artists. BHA, although small, was very popular in Korea and students often got recognized in public. Many people dream to get into Big Hit Academy but with high expectations it can be very hard. The easiest way to be accepted into BHA is through their yearly online auditions where the public can vote for their favorite artists. Only around one to ten people are selected through this method every year and this year five young boys were chosen. They were placed into a boy group now known as Tomorrow X Together. It has only been a few months since their debut but  they blew up and have became one of the most popular groups at the school.

-

"Great work today guys," Yeonjun sighed and closed the dressing room door, "I think we did even better than last time."

"Well obviously," Beomgyu scoffed, "we've been practicing." He went to take a sip of his water but Soobin swiped it before he could. "Maybe you should practice your dancing a bit more so we can look even better next week," he placed a hand on Beomgyu's shoulder took of sip of the drink. Beomgyu frowned and pushed off Soobin's hand.

"We should all go out tonight and celebrate," Taehyun smiled shyly, "It'll be on me."

Kai gasped, "Can we go to that new bakery, Crown's Delight? My sister and I went a few days ago and it was so good!"

Yeonjun glared at him, "Is that the real reason you skipped our extra practice on Tuesday?"

"I-uh-what? Stop trying to accuse me of things!" Kai whined while stumbling over his words.

Soobin sighed at their bickering while Taehyun just laughed, "It's ok Kai, we can still go there if you want."

"Really?" Kai's eyes brightened as he bounced on his toes, his black hair swaying along with every move he made.

"Well, you guys go out and have fun without me," Beomgyu pointed proudly to himself, "because I have date tonight."

"Ooohh~ that's right!" Soobin teased Beomgyu, pinching his cheek, "Beomgyuie has a girlfriend now. What's her name again? Isn't it Jennie, or something like that?" Beomgyu just pushed him off without responding.

"Isn't she a senior?" Yeonjun gasped, "She's totally going to catch a case if she's seen out in public with you."

Beomgyu looked at the ground, "Shut up, she's only six years older than me."

"Woah that's old!" Kai suddenly exclaimed, covering his mouth after realizing what he had said.

Beomgyu gave him a quick side-eye before standing up and grabbing all of his belongings. "Anyways I gotta go. I don't want to be late." He turned and gave Taehyun an apologetic smile, "Sorry I couldn't come, but thanks for the offer."

Taehyun rolled his eyes, "It's whatever." Beomgyu was suprised by Taehyun's suddenly cold manner but shrugged it off and left. He had more important things to worry about, like trying to impress Jennie. His dorm was a good fifteen minute walk, but he didn't mind. He found the breeze relaxing and often helped him calm down whenever he was nervous.

-

When Beomgyu got home he pulled out his phone to check the time. It read nine-thirty pm. That leaves him only a half hour to get ready and be at the park. He found a red button up shirt and decided to dress it up with some nice black jeans, a sleek black tie, and a black pair of dress shoes. After getting dressed he headed to the bathroom to check on his appearance but cringed when he saw his reflection. His golden brown hair was disheveled from the wind and his pores were clogged up from the build up of makeup and sweat. Beomgyu quickly washed his face and did his best to comb out his hair. He cursed under his breath after checking the time once again, only ten minutes remained. This was more than enough time to get to the park, since it was a lot closer to his dorm than the performance stage was, but that means he couldn't put any makeup on. "Screw it," he muttered to himself, "It's going to be dark anyways." After one last self-check he decided it was time to leave.

The night was quiet, the moon was full, the air was cool, the stars were bright, and Beomgyu felt...nervous. This isn't Beomgyu's first date so why was he feeling like this? He looked down and noticed that his hands were shaking. It was at that moment his whole body was shaking, not because he was cold, because he was scared. He furrowed his eyebrows now frusturated with himself. Beomgyu wasn't sure why but he had a bad feeling about this date- something felt off. He considered just turning around and going to bed instead, but before he could decide on what to do he heard a familiar voice. Beomgyu looked up and smiled when a saw a beautiful girl with long brown hair in front of him, but his smile quickly faded when he noticed a short boy with freckles standing right beside her.

-

"Hey Taehyun...are you ok?" Kai asked between bites, " Why are you...so quiet?"

Soobin slapped the back of Kai's neck, "Don't you know it's rude to talk with food in your mouth?" Kai groaned from the pain but quickly went back to stuffing his face with rice cakes.

Taehyun smiled while playing with his untouched slice of cheesecake, "Sorry I guess I spaced out."

Soobin tilted his head, his face full of concern, "Are you sure something isn't bothering you? You haven't eaten any of your food either."

"Huh?" Taehyun looked up at him, "Of course I'm fine! Just a bit tired is all." He took a few bites from his cheesecake, "See? You don't have to worry about me."

Kai and Soobin looked at each other while Taehyun tried to laugh but it came out overwhelmingly fake. At this point Kai had stopped eating, "You don't have to lie to us you know."

Taehyun sighed as he slouched down in his seat, "Sorry, but I really am just tired."

"Hey guys?" Yeonjun tried to get their attention.

"Why are you lying to us?"Soobin asked, sounding irritated.

"I'm not lying," Taehyun replied calmly.

"Guys?" Yeonjun tried again.

"We're not gonna force you to say anything," Kai reassured, "but you shouldn't be afraid to tell us what's on your-"  "Guys!" Yeonjun slammed his hands on the table accidentally getting the attention of a few other customers.

Kai harshly whispered, "Can't you see we're trying to have an important conversation here!"

Yeonjun just waved him off talking in a normal voice,"I think this is a little more important," he paused for a moment.

"Well what is it?" Soobin asked.

"Isn't Beomgyu supposed to be on a date with that girl he keeps talking about?" he asked.

Taehyun sat back up, "Yeah that's why he ditched us remember," he bluntly said taking another bite of his cheesecake.

Yeonjun looked back down at his phone,"Then why is he....I don't understand."

"Let me see," Taehyun said, letting his curiosity get the best of him stole Yeonjun's phone, and gasped when he saw the screen in front of him. It was a picture of Beomgyu pinning down an unfamiliar boy on the ground.

'''''

Thank you for reading my first book I hope you liked it. Please leave your thoughts in the comments I'd love to see what you guys think