Chapter 1

"Are you ok?" A brunette asked me as I lay down on the beach.

"Not really but I'll live. I think" I replied.

It was 8:30pm and it had been raining for a few hours. I notice she has been watching me closely lately but I didn't think anything of it.

"I've been watching you. Oh, I didn't mean that in a stalkery way sorry" She giggled.

"I've noticed. Why?"

"You seem to live on the beach. It's constantly raining and you're always here. Do you not have a home?"

"I do. Well I used to until I got thrown out. My sister was better behaved so she got to stay while I got dumped here. My parents haven't came back for me and I don't recognise this place"

"Wanna come back to mine? You can have a shower, I'll give you food and you can meet my brother? You can get changed as well"

"I don't know you"

"I'm Zoe. I'm 21. I have a YouTube channel and you look familiar"

"I used to be a YouTuber but not anymore. Not since I got thrown out"

"We could do a video together"

"It's raining" I giggled.

"Come back to mine?"

"Ok"

On the way back to Zoe's we talked about YouTube and got to know each other. I told her my name, Abigail, and my age, 15. I'm 16 in a few weeks though. I told her everything about my family, well almost everything. I didn't tell her about my sister. That would be embarrassing I guess.

"Joe! Are you in the bathroom?" Zoe shouted up the stairs.

"No I just got out. Why did you randomly leave when it was raining?" He asked.

"I went to go and see a friend"

I went in to the shower and then brushed my teeth afterwards with a spare toothbrush. I got changed in to some of Zoe's old clothes and ate something.

"Why did you help me? Normally people would just walk past and ignore me" I asked.

"I haven't seen anybody as young as you being out by yourself. We need to take you to the police station though. We need to get you back to your parents"

"I don't wanna go back. They left me, they don't want me"

Truth is they didn't leave me. I ran away. They haven't came looking me and for the 24 hours my phone was charged they never called or text once. They never took any notice of me and always mothered Trixie, my little sister, like she was the only child. They forgot my birthday last year. When I turned 14 they sort of stopped taking any notice of me. I have depression but they wouldn't let me have my pills to help it. They don't care and I don't want to go back to them. I knew I had to tell her otherwise I would get sent back.

"I wasn't completely honest. I really don't want to go back please don't send me back. I ran away. They didn't look after me properly. I would be looked after better in a nest of wasps" I pleaded.

"What? I'll take you to the police station and see what they can do"

"Send me to an orphanage that's what they'll do"

She ignored my comment and grabbed her car keys.

"Let's go to my boyfriend's flat. You can meet his room mate" She suggested.

Joe came with us and we got to know each other in the car. We talked about YouTube and it turns out Zoe used to watch my videos. I only posted 7 before I quit because I became insecure. I might start again though.