Ch. 110 Found Him

Start from the beginning

Madam Zou put up a wild struggle against the people holding her back. Upon managing to break free, she pushed the maidservants aside and charged towards He Changqi with a deranged look on her face, shouting, "You little slut! How dare you seduce the heir! I'll teach you a lesson right now!"

However, before Madam Zou could even touch the corner of Miaozhen's dress-

A clear smack echoed throughout the room.

Madam Zou felt an intense pain in her cheek. In the next second, her body fell to the ground against her will.

When Chu Lian helped Matriarch He in, it was just in time to see He Dalang slap Madam Zou on the face without any bit of mercy.

Chu Lian's almond-shaped eyes widened in absolute shock.

In the next moment, she caught sight of He Changqi's half-bloody face and suffered another shock once again.

What was going on? How had things gotten to this state in less than an hour?!

Madam Zou had also been stunned by He Changqi's merciless slap. She was sprawled on the ground, one hand held up to her swollen left cheek, while she looked up in disbelief at He Changqi. As if her heart was about to break, she cried, "He Changqi! You actually hit me!"

By this time, Matriarch He's sharp old eyes were lit up with rage, especially after she spotted Senior Servant Liu still paralysed and lying on the ground. She paused where she stood, only to tighten her grip around her vermillion bird head cane and slam the end of it down onto the marble tiles with a clear thunk.

"All of you, stop right now! Are you trying to start a rebellion here?!" Matriarch He's tone was full of dignity.

Right after she spoke, the family guards that the main steward had sent from the outer court separated Madam Zou and He Changqi. On the other side, some maidservants carried the injured Senior Servant Liu off to a side room.

There were also servants who immediately started tidying up the mess in the parlour.

Perhaps Matriarch He's angry shout had come to some use, as Madam Zou finally regained some of her rationality.

Her eyes were fixed on that slut Miaozhen as she helped He Changqi to a chair and then helped the doctor with cleaning up the wound on his forehead. The corner of Madam Zou's lips tugged downwards, but in the end, she wasn't able to say a word.

Now that the situation was under control, Chu Lian helped Matriarch He to the main seat in the parlour.

Once the matriarch was seated with her hands on her cane, she shouted once again with a stony expression, "All of you in the main branch! Kneel down right now!"

Chu Lian glanced at the enraged Matriarch He next to her before secretly glancing at her brother-in-law and sister-in-law in front of her, about to kneel down with the support of the servants around them. She quickly whispered into Matriarch He's ear.

Following that, Chu Lian led the servants she had brought with her out of the parlour to check on Senior Servant Liu, who was being treated by a doctor in one of the side rooms.

Matriarch He was about to reprimand the main branch. As the most junior family member present, she would have only earned her brother-in-law and sister-in-law’s ire if she were to witness such a humiliating scene.