Chapter 4

A/N:

Note: Change of P.O.V from Kaiyo's to 3rd person closer to the end. It will be differentiated with a line.

I walked into the school grounds with Sakura by my side. As we were switching from our outdoor shoes to the indoor shoes by the lockers, Amaro came in at that timing and greeted us.

When he had his eyes on my face, his cheerful character fell away and what he wore on his face was pity and gloom.

"Don't wear that look on your face. I'm fine. It's just a small bruise." I walked over to him and gave him a pat on his back, reassuring him I was fine.

"But..." Amaro clenched his hands by his side. "The teachers might misinterpret that you got into a gang fight again. They usually jump to conclusions without asking."

"It's not all of the teachers. Everyone would think I'm just clumsy as always." I shook my head, a smile slowly growing on my lips. "Even then, I have you and Sakura, I have those in my clubs as well. I didn't tell them the truth though. They thought I was training overly hard or I got them while I was working."

"But the teachers as well... When things had already settled down and they had forgotten about—"

"Don't worry! Come on, you have yet to change your shoes. Classes are going to start soon, Amaro." When Amaro was still wearing that sad look, I gave him a hard whack at on his back, causing him to stumble forward and almost crash into one of the passing female students.

"Hey!" He turned around and snarled at me, a bright blush evident on his face.

I laughed and waved my hand in a dismissive way. "Koraa, hurry it up!"

Amaro grumbled and complained about how harsh I was towards him, but the saddened expression was gone and replaced with a humoured look. With quick and swift works, he changed over to his indoor shoes and the three of us made our way to our class, the first lesson being homeroom.

'You're a very kind person you know, Amaro. I'm glad I had met you and Sakura. I won't admit it verbally, but the two of you are the best people I have ever met and befriended.'

.

.

.

.

.

"Ahhhh...! It's great that today is a Thursday! It's club activities in the afternoon!" Amaro pulled over a chair from another person's desk and made his seat by my desk before laying his head on the table.

"But we would have to quit club activities soon because of the mid-term exams and the preparations for the final-year exams for graduation." Sakura came over to my desk as well and stood by my side.

"That's the saddest part!" Amaro wailed and slumped fully over my desk.

"Hey, this table isn't yours. Please show some respect." I pulled at his ear which caused him to flinch and leaned off my desk with a wince.

"Hey that hurts!" He covered the ear that I had pulled on.

"But what would you do with the tournaments? You said you would participate in them." Sakura cuts in with a question. "But the Kendo tournament is a week after we had to quit."