•25•

Laura's POV

Eloise has been doing shit. Nor her or Brad have messaged each other over the past 2 weeks. I know he's doing the same as her.

Con's been keeping in contact with me. We're trying to figure out how to get the 2 of them somewhere to try and resolve their issue.

I know I won't be able to get Eloise to London, but Con knows it'll be easy to get Brad to Birmingham.

It's been 3 weeks since they've had their fallen out, she can't sleep at nights because she's worrying about him. She's worrying about his drinking. She's worrying about him not loving her again. She's worrying he's off seeing other women. 

However, Con's told me he hasn't been doing any of those things. He hasn't drank since their fallen out. He tells Con everyday how much he loves her. He hasn't left the house to have a chance to even look at another woman. 

I've tried reassuring Eloise but I didn't want her to know what was going on, I didn't want her to know me and Con's plan.

I think the best way for us to do it is to get them both out for a night out. That way they won't see each other straight away. It may be hard for me to persuade Eloise to go but I'm going to try my best.

'El babe, come on, get out of bed.' I shook her. It was 2PM and she had lay in bed all morning.

'We're going shopping then tonight we're going out!' I tried to hype her up but she groaned. 'Come on it'll be fun!'

She lay there with her head in the pillow. 'El, you can't spend everyday sobbing over him. You need to get out and live your life. Yolo.' I tried to cheer her up.

She eventually looked at me. 'One don't ever say that again. And two I really fucking loved him, I still do love him.' She said holding back tears.

'I know you do babes, I promise everything will be alright, m'kay.' I said hugging her, I felt her relax in my embrace.

'Now get your ass outta bed, we're going shopping then we can get a Nando's!' I said knowing the Nando's would win her over.

'Ugh fine!' She groaned as she ripped the sheets from her body and made her way to the bathroom to shower.

-

We were sat in Nando's, we got our table then I went up to order our meal. As I was walking back to our table I spotted Con and Luce.

But they weren't alone. There sat with them was Brad. He looked miserable. Bags under his eyes indicating that he hadn't slept, his head down not involving himself in conversation. Just how Eloise has been.

Con and Luce waved and called me over. As we were talking I noticed Brad's eyes had found Eloise. We watched as he stared at her with love and sadness in his eyes.

'Brad she still loves you.' I told him. He slowly diverted his eyes from her. 'I still love her.' He said in a quiet voice before looking at his lap.

I said my goodbyes and made my way back to Eloise.

She still hadn't noticed Brad, I didn't bother to tell her as I knew it would make her upset.

As we were eating our food I got a text from Con.

Con: We're going to take Brad to the corner cafe down the road, maybe they can talk there?
Me: Yeah, I'm sure that won't be a problem. See you there.

I looked up at Eloise who played with her mash. 'Eloise please try and eat.' I pleaded. She sighed and began eating.

'Do you fancy a coffee after this?' I asked her. She shrugged, 'Sure.' I nodded and text Con telling him she said yes.

Once we were finished we got up and made our way to the door. I smiled and waved at Con and Luce. They were almost finished there meal so I knew they'd be at the cafe not long after us.

However as we were walking past I heard Eloise inhale. She rushed out and stood outside.

'He's here, he's here.' She panicked. 'Come on, calm down. Everything will be alright.' I pulled her in for a hug. 'Let's go and get some coffee, it may relax you.' I reasoned.

We'd ordered our coffees and sat in the corner in a booth where we're out of sight. I text Con to let him know where we were.

Within 5 minutes I watched as they walked over. Con and Luce stood at the table as Brad stood back.

'The both of you are going to talk, you can't go on like this.' Con said to them in an angry tone.

They both hesitantly nodded. I slid out from the booth and gave her a reassuring smile before me, Con and Luce went and sat at a table not too far from them.

Eloise's POV

As he sat down I looked over his appearance. He didn't look himself. Dark bags under his eyes, just like mine. He wasn't his usual bubbly self. He wasn't talkative. He fiddled with his hands and rings, something he does when he's nervous.

'I-I don't know how to start this.' I stuttered. 'I think I need to explain myself.' He finally spoke up.

'I am honestly so sorry, I regret everything so much. I've been to see my doctor and they've changed my medication.' He continued. 'He said if I had have stayed on them there was a chance that I could- I would have killed myself because of the way they were making me feel and think.' He stopped, his voice breaking and his eyes watering.

My heart broke. The love of my life was struggling and I wasn't there.

'He said that was the reason for my mood swings and my behaviour. I'm not saying I'm putting the blame on the medication because I should've tried harder to stop myself. In the first place I shouldn't have even went out to the pub that night it happened.' He spoke now with tears running down his face.

I got up from my seat and sat beside him. I grabbed his hand in mine and traced circles with my thumb.

'I'm so so sorry I wasn't there for you, you know you can always talk to me about it.' I said my voice only audible.

'No El, I shouldn't have tried to bring a girl back to our apartment. I didn't even know I had done it until my mum scolded me. They said when I drank any alcohol it made me act out of the ordinary. It made me a different person. That day, I sobbed to my mum in my room about how much of a dick I was. I fucked up. And my dad told me you'd left, I wanted to ring after you El, I thought you'd never talk to me again let alone be in the same room as me.' He cried.

I didn't realise how much of a bad time he was going through, I didn't realise that his mental health was struggling too.

'I'm coming home.' I told him. 'What? I don't want you rushin-' I interrupted him. 'Brad I'm not saying we have to be a couple again, we need to get you back on the right track, the right mindset. I need to be there for you, m'kay?' He nodded and hugged me.

'How's your arm?' I asked. 'It's alright, I'm getting the cast off in 2 weeks.' He replied.

'Sorry to interrupt but we aren't going clubbing tonight, it was an excuse to get you both together.' Con and Laura said as they came over.

'Oh no I was so excited.' I said sarcastically causing Brad to chuckle. 'Right love birds lets get going.' Con said as he and Luce went out to the car.

'So are you coming to mine or?' Laura asked. 'He needs me in London, I'm so thankful for you letting me stay.' I said hugging her.

'No I understand, just know I'll be up to see you soon.' She said as she pulled away smiling.

-

We were now on our way back to London. We had dropped Laura off home and I gathered my things.

Con drove whilst Luce sat in the passenger seat. Me and Brad were in the back. Our hands rested together in the middle seat.

Within a matter of minutes Brad was fast asleep. 'He's obviously feeling a lot better already, he's been having trouble sleeping every night.' Con piped up as he seen Brad sleeping.

'Thank you both for helping us.'