•17•

'So what are you up to tomorrow?' Brad asked as we sat in a restaurant waiting for our food. 'I think I'm going to catch up with some old friends.' I lied. 'What about you?'

'Just chilling, I think I'm going out with my family for drinks.' He said as I nodded.

'How does it feel to be turning 21?' I asked him as we sipped on our drinks. 'Don't, I feel old man!' He chuckled.

'At least you're legal in America now.' I joked. 'I've always wanted to go to New York.' He said as he scanned the room.

'So have I. Ever since I was a child I've begged my mum to take me.' I laughed. 'We should go one day.' He said as his eyes stared deep into mine.

We were interrupted by the waiters bringing us our food.

-

After we finished dinner, we made our way to a small pub close by.

We had been sat in the pub for around an hour now. We were both enjoying each other's company.

By now we were both quite drunk, Brad more than me.

'You know, I think you're great. I'm so happy I finally asked you to be my girlfriend.' He slurred, looking at me and constantly smiling.

His arm was slung around me as he spoke. 'You're so cute when your drunk.' I chuckled.

He sat up straight. 'I'm not drunk.' He protested. 'I'm not see.' I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. 'When I'm drunk I get boners.' He told me as I looked at him in confusion.

I placed my hand on his thigh and slowly ran it up towards his bulge. As I was about to palm him through his jeans he gave in.

'Okay, okay I am drunk!' He whisper shouted as I smirked to myself.

As we were sat talking Con and Luce walked in. 'Shit.' Brad cursed beside me.

He had been worrying that Con would eventually piece stuff together and realise we were together.

'It's okay.' I whispered to him as I grabbed his hand and softly stroked it. I felt him tense as I touched him seeing as there was a chance my brother would catch us.

Con's eyes met ours. He looked confused at first until he realised. He marched over to our table with Luce straight behind him.

'What the is going on here?' He asked trying to stay calm. 'Nothing.' I replied bluntly.

'Nothing?' He laughed. 'To me it looks like a date!' He spat. 'Con, calm down.' Luce said grabbing his arm.

'No Luce I won't calm down. They can't do this to me!' He raised his voice. 'Con man please sit down and we can talk.' Brad instantly sobered up.

'Oh so now you're talking.' Con spat with a sarcastic chuckle. 'Con please. You're making it worse.' I scolded him.

Eventually he gave in and sat down. 'Now cut the bullshit, I want the truth. And from the start.'

'When did it start?' He asked. 'The night we went for dinner, the time I fought the man for touching Eloise.' Brad answered.

I held his hand under the table as I knew how nervous he was, he didn't want to lose Con as a friend. 

Con inhaled deeply. 'I asked her to be my girlfriend the night before we came here, so two days ago.'

'So you're telling me you've been sneaking about for months and not told me?' He said growing anger.

'Con wind your fucking neck in. It hasn't even been 2 months since we first kissed.' I said with anger.

'Just because Brad's your friend and I'm your sister doesn't mean you can prevent us from being anything. We can both assure you now that nothing is going to change between our relationship or yours and Brad's.' I spoke with truth.

He sighed knowing I was right. 'It's just the idea of yano you doing it.' He whispered.

Me, Brad and Luce looked at each other and began laughing. 'Con anyone who I'll be with I'll be doing it. You and Luce do it but I don't be cock blocking.' I said through a laugh.

Con went red at this as Luce remained not phased. 'And bro we haven't done anything. I promise you.' Brad told him as Con looked up.

'You're right I'm overreacting. It's just you're my baby sister.' He sighed. 'Con I'm two years younger.' I groaned.

'I'm sorry guys.' He told us. 'We're sorry too for not telling you sooner.' Brad said.

'Do you want to finish up your drinks and head back to ours?' Con suggested as we all nodded.

Me and Brad quickly finished the remainder of our drinks before we all made our way out and into a taxi.

'When are you planning on telling your parents?' Luce asked

'Well my mum found out yesterday, she knew there was something going on.' I told them.

'My mum guessed to. I swear their brains are connected.' Brad said causing us to chuckle.

'I got the whole 'me and Anne Marie have been waiting for this'.' I told him as he laughed. 'Exactly what my mum said too.'

'We can tell our dads when we get in.' I said to Brad. He stiffened at the mention of telling my dad.

'Brad don't worry. My dad already loves you.' I assured him. He smiled and leaned over to kiss me.

I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

Shortly after we arrived at me and Con's parents house. We got out and made our way up to the door.

Con unlocked the door with his keys. As we got in the door we hear music and chatter coming from the living room.

As we entered the living room Anne Marie and Derek were sat there. 'Well kiddos!' My dad exclaimed.

Brad had dropped my hand as we entered the house to not make it obvious.

Anne Marie caught my eye, I looked to her to see her smiling at both Brad and I before she winked at me causing me to laugh.

We were all sat having drinks now. Brad was beginning to be affectionate, considering our dads were both there still.

'Shall we tell them now?' I whispered to him to which he nodded.

'Well Brad son, any chicks floating about?' My dad asked him as if on cue.

'Ah, am yeah actually.' He stuttered. I could see my mum, Anne Marie, Con and Luce watch as he struggled, not wanting to interrupt.

'Who's the special lady then?' My dad teased. 'It's me.' I piped up.

Both my dad and Derek laughed thinking I was joking. When nobody else joined in they realised, it wasn't a joke.

'Wait, you're both serious?' Derek asked. We both nodded.

'Well, I'm happy for you both. I know you're a good lad Brad.' My dad smiled at him.

'I'm happy he has a girl like you now Eloise.' Derek spoke with a smile.

Brad put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his side, he kissed my temple as we sat with our family.