A Tragic Day

Edited:

As soon as my body touched the water I shivered. My eyes landed on the truck I recognized.

I swam as fast as my legs would take me until I reached the doors. Elena was shaking Matt.

I noticed that he was unconscious and my heart dropped. But I needed Elena. So that's who I went to.

She shook her head and pushed my hands away, pointing to Matt. I shook my head and grabbed her again but she clenched her hands together in a pleading motion.

She begged me to take Matt first. So with hesitation I did. I grabbed him in my little arms and went to the top as quickly as I could.

When I placed him on the bridge I got up and went to dive again but I felt an hand in my arm.

Stefan gave my a nod towards Matt and dived in to get Elena. I rushed to do CPR on Matt.

With a couple puffs he finally started to breathe again.

"Stop drowning. I'm going to run out of luck one of these days." I scolded. He shot out.

"Elena! Where is she-" Stefan came up with her body and laid her next to me.

I started pushing on her chest doing CPR.

"Come on, Lena." I say. When she still doesn't wake up I let out a sob and keep trying.

"Elena. I lost everyone else. You have to come back to me." I said louder. I kept pressing.

I could feel the hot tears fall down my cheeks.

"Kiera-"

"No! I can help her." I said quickly.

I kept pressing and sobbed.

"No. Please." I begged.

Stefan grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. I had to press my face in to his chest to prevent the scream.

This is not how I pictured my night to go. But here I am, again, not believing I have to go this.

Sitting in the morgue watching my best friend slowly rot. I sniffled and reached up to wipe a tear. Stefan at my side.

I held her now cold hand in mine.

"You were supposed to me with me until we died, Lena. We were supposed to be aunts to each other's kids." I cried.

Stefan grabbed my hand sadly.

I felt a bubble in my chest. I shivered and Stefan gave me an odd look.

"I feel weird." I said.

Suddenly Elena jumped up with a breath and screamed.