"Ella!"

I turned to see Jordan and Caroline running towards me. "We got all the kids into the town hall, we are just scouting the area for more," Jordan explained.

"Thanks guys," I replied appreciatively. I knew the girls hated not being involved in helping people out of the explosion but getting any children away to somewhere safe was a priority. "Once you are done, I am going to start sending everyone else there too, I need someone to do a head count."

"Sure, I will ask Olly and Blake." Caroline nodded.

"Ask Aiden to help, he knows a lot of these people better than me, have him at the door so if anyone has a concern, they can voice it," I requested and then left them to round up people.

"Tyler!" I called, making my way back to where people were still being dragged from the blood stained tarmac.

"Yes?" He turned from an elderly man who was whispering something in hushed tones and quickly scanned me for wounds.

"I'm fine," I assured him, noting that while he was coated in a thick layer of sticky blood, he had no serious injuries either. "Can you spread the word that anyone who is well enough needs to orderly make their way to the town hall for a head count. There will be food and water there and once they are in, they can check in on their loved ones."

"Of course." He turned back to the older man who remained by his side. "I promise you we will find your wife, Mr Anderson, if you make your way to the town hall, she will find you there."

The man nodded gratefully and scurried off to the right while Tyler started ordering people to the hall. I watched as he found Ryder and demanded he leave the site, which of course didn't go down well.

"Go," I instructed him, stepping towards the two brothers. "I need as many people there as possible and the others are all there," I said.

Ryder scowled at me. "What about you?"

With a sigh, I turned to the still burning platform at the far end of the square and then swept my gaze over the rubble and blood littered floor. "I need to clean up and check on some of the patients and then I will be there."

"No, you need to check on the patients and then get some rest. The cleaning can wait until tomorrow," Tyler argued and with a sigh, I nodded. Just like the rest of my pack, I was human today and dragging people twice my body weight around really took it out of me.

"That's not what I meant," Ryder said, "I think its pretty obvious who planted the bomb and who their target was." He shot me a look. "So... what about you?"

"It's likely this was Rick, yes. But he already sent his attack and it failed so I am safe. Besides, he needs me alive, this wasn't an attempt at murder, it was a show of power."

"So what are you going to do?" He asked.

I smirked at my best friend. "Demonstrate a bit of my own power."

****

Eventually, the square was deserted of people and with seven people carted off to the pack healers with serious injuries and the rest gathered in the town hall, I was left alone.

I sat on a small wall surrounding a beautiful decorative garden tucked away from the burning chaos. Perfect rose bushes decorated the pure, damp earth and in the centre sat a large chestnut tree thats branches curled out like fingers, reaching for the sky and casting shade over me.

In the last few weeks, the small, quaint village that I called home had transformed into a large town, home to a few thousand members.

The village had drastically expanded outwards, towards the outskirts of the woodlands. Tall blocks of flats sprouted up towards the sky, rising far above the modest houses scattered sparsely through the village.

Now, every residence was densely packed together with no space in between. Hundreds of members as well as some professional builders regenerated the area, adding more bars, restaurants, shops and a cinema.

I had to admit, it was incredible to see the extravagant change, although I missed the quiet of the village as well as the small amount of responsibility. Now, I was responsible for thousands of people and had no idea where to start, especially after this.

But every evening when I called Zach from wherever he and Liam were searching that night, he reminded me of the fact that the large amount of people I was responsible for were also a large army, completely at my disposal.

And right now, I needed that much power to take down Rick.

****

Hey guys! I'm sorry its taken so long but I am so excited to release the first chapter of the third and final book in the Alpha series!

I will do my best to upload every week but please have patience, I have a lot going on right now and may sometimes forget although I promise I will try to have them up on time.

I really hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Please vote and comment your thoughts for this next chapter in Ella and Zachs lives! X

Alphas WarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara