| scenario 24 |

Modern AU — Based off of the Netflix Original Series, The Society

This weird smell had been lingering through town everywhere and nobody knew where it was coming from. Some people thought it would just pass, some liked to think it was a health hazard, but nobody was truly sure what it was.

That all gets ignored, though, when the high school trip comes around. The annual school trip for juniors and seniors was always fun. The kids would be gone for ten days, their parents finally getting a break from them. The kids got to stay in the mountains, staying in cabins and just have fun. Though, when the trip gets cancelled due to inclement weather, they have to turn around and head back home.

When they arrive back at school, it's dark out and it had just finished raining. Nobody's waiting outside to pick up their kids, either. Odd.
"It's late, everybody's probably just asleep," somebody decides, so everyone just heads home themselves.

When you arrive at your house, you learn that nobody else is there. The lights are all off, the house is empty. There's no one except you (maybe sibling if they went on the trip)

You try calling your guardians, but it just keeps ringing before going to voicemail. There's no data, it's late, and everybody's freaking out. Where did everyone go?

To figure out what's going on, everybody meets up in front of the school to decide on what to do, or to figure out what happened.

What happens next?