Five: Yummy Pancakes & Lots of People

This is it, the bane of my existence, it has arrived. The most hated time of the year, the month, the week, it was smiling at me evilly through the curtains on my window. 

Monday morning. Enough said.

You want to know my most favourite part about Monday, more specifically in the morning. Hmm, is it the beautiful sun shining brightly through the gaps in my blind? How about the majestic chirping of the cockatoos outside, or the cheerful laughter of the kookaburras enjoying the flawless blue skies that stretched all the way to the horizon?

If you thought any of those things you are wrong. Dead wrong. Except about the kookaburra part, they were laughing, as per usual, but at me, having to go to school. It isn't cheerful laughter either, no, because that would be enjoyable for a person who had about two hours total sleep last night, it was sadistic, no joke.

I really tried to get out of bed, I knew I had too, so I could look somewhat decent for school, but that idea seemed less and less possible the longer I stayed sprawled out across my double bed. 

Eventually, it was the consistent and almost painful grumbling of my stomach that had me waking up. As I rolled out of bed and onto the floor, the hard floor, I caught sight of the time. I legit almost fainted, it was 8:15am. School starts at 8:35am. I have twenty minutes to have a shower, eat breakfast and drive through freaking peek hour traffic to make it to my yearly exam on goddamn freaking quadratic equations first period.

It should be illegal to force an innocent student to have a math test first thing in the morning.

I blame you Tony Abbott. Don't sue me though, yeah.

I hopped in the shower and put on my play list of songs for exactly 7 minutes. I know, I know I'm meant to be rushing blah blah blah who gives a shit. No matter how late I am running I will have a shower, and it will be 7 minutes long. I don't care if I was meant to be at your house for you birds wedding 10 minutes ago, I need my goddamn shower.

I scrubbed myself with my cherry blossom and vanilla body scrub, shaved my legs and washed my hair, all while I rocked out to Fall Out Boy, what can I say, I'm a multi-tasker at heart...

Eight minutes later I was standing in my wardrobe contemplating life. Jokes, I was contemplating what I would wear, although some would argue that it's the same thing. Contrary to what you might believe I am actually kinda girly in clothes choice...sometimes. 

Today, I decided to wear a pretty, flowery summer dress and my white vans. Since I'm totally not procrastinating I put my long blonde hair in a loose fishtail braid over my right shoulder and adorned my wrist in many leathery bracelets. 

I checked the time really quick. 8:28, shit. 

I ran downstairs, staring longingly at the pancakes Francine had cooked. Francine's' pancakes are the best pancakes I have ever, and probably will ever have. I swear they are like heaven in your mouth. 

I then noticed Francine herself standing by the stove cooking even more! The aroma was unbelievably tempting, however I really needed to leave and get to school, the challenge here would be sneaking past Francine to the front door without her noticing. 

Lets just say Francine was one of those people that firmly believed in the saying "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." very firm. So chances were if she noticed me, I was going to have to eat a couple pancakes.

Oh, the horror.

I edged slowly and carefully along the wall, my eyes darting between Francine's' back and the door. I was about half a centimetre from the door when, you guessed it, I looked back at Francine one last time, and walked smack bang into the door frame, face first.