10. Trying

It's been 3 weeks. 3 long weeks living with Brenton ass. I never knew someone could be so annoying! Don't even get me started on his lil girlfriend, that hoe can lick my ass.

The first week started off alright, I mean Brenton was getting used to being around me and vice versa. It was real awkward because I was having nightmares and was paranoid like hell. Apparently, Brenton never let anyone come to his house which made me feel kind of special. It was so hard to let him even do things for me because I was so use to doing things on my own. I forgot how comfortable a bed was and how nice warm water felt. He didn't let me give him any money.

I tried after I found out he was working my shifts at work while I was in a coma. But after the second week it seemed as though we got use to one another. We also got to know each other too. I still haven't and probably won't tell anyone what happened those 3 days. The nightmares and memories were enough. Besides, I have the scars to prove it. I found out sleeping at night became the most difficult, because the days came back to me like they never left. Also, my body has been getting better. I can walk normally now, well kind of. And Brent helps me every morning, we also go to the gym.

I can honestly say that were friends now. Remember those feelings? Yea well they are definitely there now. And I feel ashamed because I didn't want to like Brenton. Being with me would only make him slow down. I've never had a boyfriend before, my first kiss was stolen along with my virginty that day. Sex is so far off my mind that I just know he would cheat.

I don't even know why I'm imagining him actually liking me. He has a girlfriend for goodness sake!

Sighing I got up from the couch. I was thinking too much! So I decided to go for a lil walk. I knew Brenton was at the park playing ball.

Finally making it there I walked past the court and saw Brenton motion me over.

"What's up Lei, what you doing here"

Laaawd! He is looking good.

Shrugging, "got bored in the house"

He looked me over and turned back around. I saw some guys walking over.

"Damn who dis one is"

Brenton gave them a look.

Brenton POV

Ion know why them niggas worrying about who Lei is. That's all me, she just don't know that yet. But she about to find out.

Smacking my lips I looked at them

"Don't worry about it nigga."

"Man she fine as hell"

I looked at Lei and she looked uninterested.

Good.

The only nigga she need to be interested in is me.

I looked at Lei while speaking.

"Nigga she mine. So back off"

Seeing the expression on her face was priceless, she looked shocked

Walking up to her I leaned down and whispered in her ear

"You been mine, you just now hearing that though"

Leaning back up I smirked and walked away

"Nigga pass me the ball" I yelled.

Did he just? Naw I must've didn't hear him right.

How he just gone walk away after saying something like that.

Anyway, I walked away to go sit on the bench. I never really was able to just sit around and watch the scenery.

After awhile it began to get a lil cool. Brenton made his way over smiling at me.

"You enjoying yourself"

I nodded. This was actually nice. I really did enjoy this though.

"Come on man"

We finally got home and I headed to the kitchen to cook. I'm gonna whip up this salad I had made up.

"What you cooking" he asked coming in the kitchen. I turned around trying hard not to look downward. That v was doing something to me.

"Pasta"

"Why you keep looking down Lei" he lifted my chin up.

"You believed what I said earlier?"

"Idk Brenton." I didn't know what to believe.

"I been feeling you for awhile Leilyani. I know you may not think I should or you ain't good for me. But we can work, shit we will."

"What about your gf Brenton. You can't be saying this stuff when you taken"

"I don't have a girlfriend, I broke up with her a month ago."

"Wow"

"So you trying to do this Lei? You don't know how much I want you to be mine"

He didn't know how much I wanted to be his. I just didn't want this to be a disappointment.

"But Brenton, I'm not ready for a lot of things that you have needs for. I've never even had a bf before."

"I can wait. I know you don't believe a nigga but ain't no way I'm letting you go over some hoe."

"So we together" I asked.

"Yes" he said smiling. I knew this was kind of quick but so what.

I finished with the pasta and we sat down to eat. I said a prayer and we both dug in.

"Damn you did good, what this is" he was stuffing his face.

"My secret recipe"

And our night was made. We got to know more things about each other and I actually opened up a lil more.

Maybe this won't be so bad