9. Revealation

She passed out right there. I was riding down the street and saw her walking. She looked terrible. So I stopped and tried to talk to her. And that's when she passed out.

Scooping her up, I sat her in the backseat and hurried off to the hospital. I kept trying to think of anything that could've happened but came up with nothing.

Lei was a very nice girl. I knew she was going through some shit and tried to help her, but she turned me down on the spot. Though I've only knew her for a lil I still worried. She a go getta, some I really admired about her. Shit she was gorgeous as hell. But has a shitty ass life.

The doctor called out her name, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Leilyani Imora"

Standing up, "yes, right here"

"I need to speak with a family member"

"I'm her brother, she's my adopted sister" that was the best thang I could come up with.

He looked at me suspiciously while continuing.

"Well there are things that have came to my attention. She seems to have been raped, multiple times. The abrasion that was there tells me she was a virgin at the time that all of this took place. Also by the imprinted hand marks on her skin lets me know it was indeed men. She was beaten severely and needed stitching. I did have to put her in a coma so her body won't go into shock. She was a very lucky lady, although, I did notice a couple stab and burn wounds that seemed maybe 2/3 days old. We cleaned those up and now were just waiting on a response."

I was fucking mind blown. Who the hell would do this to her? I know she didn't go looking for trouble so trouble found her. Shaking my head I asked

"When can I see her"

"In a hour or two, were gonna put her in the icu" and he walked away.

I was going through so many emotions I didn't know how to feel.

She may not have wanted my help then, I'm not going anywhere now and that's a promise.

******* 3 weeks Later********

After checking on Lei, I went home to sort some shit out. First calling her job and then her school. I knew how much she cared about both so I made sure to let them know the situation. I also decided to work her hours just so she could have some money left.

I went ahead and paid all her hospital expenses. I had the money why not? She still hasn't woke up and it's been damn near 4 weeks. The first week she had had seizures and one heart failure. I was so damn worried it didn't make any sense. Then I found out she was sleeping under a bridge for weeks.

A fucking bridge! I managed to find her things by snooping around the area. Damn this girl has it rough. I shook my head thinking. Headed up to the room I stopped in my tracks. The tv was on. But I was surprised, that most likely meant Lei was awake.

Walking into the room, she turned her head.

"Hey"

I looked at her making sure I heard her right.

"Lei, what are you doing? When did you wake up" I sat down next to the bed.

"Early in the morning. I told them not to tell you I woke. I wanted to surprise you and I just want to thank you for everything. You don't even know me yet you helped me out" she said.

Grabbing her hands I looked in her eyes, "of course I would Lei" but she quickly snatched them back.

Looking down she apologized.

"I'm sorry Brenton"

"I understand" I said standing up.

After minutes of silence I decided to talk

"So how are you really?" I asked with a eyebrow raised.

"Idk. Dealing I guess" she said shrugging.

Lei POV

And dealing with it I was. That's the only thing I could do after what happened.

After waking up, I went into panic mode. The nurses came rushing in and began explaining things to me. Soon after I spoke to the doctor and he explained things in depth.

Apparently Brenton was the one who brought me here and has been here ever since. I got a chance to look at myself for the first time in weeks and I was disgusted. It was too much and that was the first time I broke down crying.

Honestly, crying is the reason I was laying in this hospital bed all calm. I got to let everything out and the nurses gave me the space for that. I cried for alot of things. I guess I just needed some sort of release.

"Lei! Leilyani!" I heard Brenton yell. Looking up I saw him smack his lips.

"Sorry, thinking."

"You do that alot"

"What"

"Think."

I snorted. "I'm not suppose to think"

"Yea but let loose sometimes, set ya mind free. You think too much."

"Well, with my lifestyle you have no choice but to think. I don't have it easy."

"I know that. But I'll help you work on that"

"Work on what"

"Setting ya mind free."

"I don't need you to help me work on anything" I said, crossing my arms.

"Well too bad. Because I'm here to stay" he said whispering in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.

Pushing on his chest

"Stop"

Leaning back up he smiled

"I'm not doing anything"

Smacking my lips, I tried to lift myself up on the bed. But I literally had no strength. I guess that walk to the bathroom took all of it.

After helping me sit up Brenton stared at me.

"What"

"Are you ever gonna tell me?" I had already made up my mind to say no. I didn't want anyone to know what happened, god knows my memories are enough.

Before I could speak he continued,

"I know you don't want to say anything now, but promise when you ready you will tell me." He said looking me in the eyes.

"I can't." I pleaded. "I just can't" I sighed putting my head down. This was making me depressed and I didn't want to be depressed.

After moments of silence, the doctor walked in.

"Ms.Imora, it's nice to see you doing so well. You can go home in the next few days if your scans come back good. I would suggest you stay with your brother for the next month or two. It's gonna be awhile before you're able to move around like you're use to. Are you sure you don't want to speak with the police about what happened?"

"I'm positive"

"Ms. Imora, do you know the things you have to endure because of these sick twisted men?" He said sighing. "You won't even give a name?"

"No, I just want to forget this all happened" I really did. I didn't like anyone getting into my business.

"Okay, I won't continue to pry" he said with a tight smile. I know he didn't like my decision but he had to respect it.

"So, who will you be staying with?" He asked.

"Ahh-

"Me!" Brenton said standing up. "She'll be in good hands"

"Great! In the next few days you should be out of here"

I leaned back and sighed.

Living with Brenton?

This should be interesting