5. 》Spilling the Beans《

Start from the beginning

The super-soldier glared at him as he walked past but joined the rest of the team as they watched what was yet to unfold.

Loki walked towards Kara, pulling a chair and sitting down in front of her. Kara raised an eyebrow.

"Hello, love," he started with a smirk.

"Love?!" Everyone at the other side of the one-way mirror exclaimed in unison -  all except the God of Thunder, who merely eyed them weirdly. "What? Is not that a common pet name amongst Midgardians?"

"Uh-uh, but since when did Loki call anyone, love, hmm?" Tony added, earning nods of agreement from the rest.

"Do not call me that," Kara spat at him and glared daggers through his skull -  a gesture to which the prince only chuckled at.

"Why? Brings back memories?", he inquired, grinning mischievously. Kara desperately wanted to smack that smirk off his face. The God of Mischief studied her as she violently yanked her arms from the cuffs that held her in place.

He leaned forward and clamped his hands together. "What's the matter? I thought you liked bondage."

Kara's head jolted upwards at his risky statement, obviously flustered and appalled. Even the Avengers themselves could not believe what they were hearing. Seeing as Thor was the only one not looking surprised, they all stared at him.

"What?", Thor asked dumbfoundedly.

"You've got a lot of explaining to do when this is over," Natasha stated and the rest nodded in agreement. The blonde god just shrugged.

"I swear if you don't shut up, I'm taking you down," Kara threatened as she clenched her jaw. He was starting to get on her nerves, yet Loki was really enjoying this.

"I missed you," he said, catching her off-guard a bit. He smiled as he noticed her furious expression falter at his words. Kara was quick to recompose herself, however.

"Is that why you're here? To f**king flirt with me?", she scoffed.

Behind the glass, Steve rolled his eyes and muttered to himself, "Language." Tony stifled a laugh.

"Maybe, maybe not," Laufeyson simply replied with a wink. Kara leaned back in her seat, arms crossed. "Well, you better decide quickly before I smack that grin off your face."

"Ooh, feisty." Sam remarked, much to everyone's confusion. He looked at them incredulously. "What? I'm just pointing out facts."

"I see you gained powers," Loki said after a minute of silence. Kara laughed dryly. "Thanks for noticing, Captain Obvious."

"How did you acquire them?", he continued, leaning forward a bit. "Like I'm telling you.", Kara replied, smirking and rolling her eyes.

"Wanda said you were one of Strucker's subjects of experimentation," Loki added, and the color drained from her face.

"I...", she trailed off, not expecting him to know immediately.

Loki analyzed her features. The color drained from her face the moment he had mentioned Strucker's name. Her breathing quickened its pace, and her eyes fell to the floor. 

Kara must've been mistreated.

"Why did you ask then if you already knew?", she snapped back despite avoiding Loki's intense stare.

"Do you know that Strucker is now dead?", Loki asked, ignoring her question. Kara smirked at this.

"Wolfgang is. His son, however, is very much alive," she replied, meeting his gaze. Loki looked surprised at this. The rest of the Avengers were, too.