5. 》Spilling the Beans《

"How did she get her powers?", Thor asked with incredulity as his gaze remained fixed on the familiar face in the interrogation room. Kara was someone he and his brother knew, but at this moment, she seemed to be a whole different person in general.

"I... have no idea, brother," Loki replied. Thor could sense some sort of longingness in his brother's voice.

Kara was sitting on the chair with an unamused expression on her features as none other than the captain himself sat across her. Of all the questions Steve had asked her, she stayed apathetic and uncooperative.

The rest of the Avengers watched the scene unfold behind the one-way mirror of the interrogation room.

Tony was shaking his head, Natasha and Rhodey had their arms crossed, Sam was listening intently, Wanda and Vision stood beside each other, and Clint scoffed upon hearing Kara yawn.

"I think I know how she got her powers," Wanda suddenly piped up, answering Thor's question. Everyone tore their gazes from the soldier and the perpetrator and shifted their focus on her.

"How?", Tony asked. Loki also seemed to take interest in what she has to say.

"The same way Pietro and I got ours," she replied softly, looking down at her glowing hands. It was as if a painful memory had just crossed her mind. 

"You mean Strucker? She was one of Strucker's lab rats, too?", Clint inquired, to which Wanda nodded at.

"I've seen her every time Strucker would take us out of our cells to be experimented on. Her cell was on the other wing of the base along with the others. We never spoke, but our eyes would meet once in a while. But, I'm not sure if she still recognized me," Wanda explained.

Everyone got startled upon hearing a loud thump from the inside of the room. Steve had just slammed his hands on the table that separated the both of them, obviously irritated.

Kara, on the other hand, sat calmly with a smug smile on her face.

"She isn't cooperating," Sam remarked. Thor then shifted to face Loki. 

"No sh*t, Sherlock," Stark replied sarcastically, also seemingly annoyed with the stubbornness of the woman. 

"Brother, why don't you go in there and interrogate Lady Kara?", Thor suggested. The rest of the team exchanged glances as if they were considering the suggestion. Meanwhile, Loki raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"You must be joking, brother. If she isn't cooperating with Rogers,  what makes you think she'll cooperate with me? Me, of all people," he retorted.

"You and I are the only ones in this room who have made her acquaintance before. The only difference between us is that...", Thor trailed off. Loki sighed and bowed his head. Everyone was intrigued. 

What had happened?

"There is no need to refresh my memory," the younger brother replied in defeat. Thor patted his back reassuringly.

"There is no harm in trying, Loki," the older brother said encouragingly.

The raven-haired god approached the door which led to the interrogation room. He pressed the button to alert Steve who was in the middle of an intense staring session with Kara.

"What is it?", Steve asked, slight annoyance evident in his tone as he opened the door slightly.

"Let me speak with her," Loki stated boldly, catching the captain slightly off-guard.

"You? Can you get something out of her?", the ninety-five-year-old inquired, making the god laugh dryly.

"I guarantee that I can get more out of her in a minute than what you've been doing for the past hour," Loki responded confidently, pushing past Steve so that he himself could enter the room.