Chapter 17

Alison POV.

I wake up in the morning to find my favorite brunette sleeping soundly. Rubbing my eyes and checking the clock, I see that it is 9:55. Wait, 9:55 isn't right because if it is 9:55 we are supposed to be at school.

"Em, Emily wake up." I say whispering while shaking her. She jolts awake and stretches.

"What is it Ali?" Em questions sleeply.

"Did you set the alarm last night?"

"No, I thought you did." She replies.

"It is 9:55 Em. We are supposed to be at school." I state worried.

"Shit! Well no point in going now." And with that Emily covers her head with the cover's. I laugh because now looking back, we deserve a day off.

"Fine, but babe we gotta meet the girls at lunch still. 11:45 remember."

"Ok but until then I am gonna sleep in. You should join me." Em announces from under the covers. I decide against it because knowing me, I won't get back up if I fall back asleep now. Smiling and letting Em to sleep some more, I check my phone. 1 new, unknown text message was displayed on the screen. Great, A to add to my list of headaches. Clicking on the "read message" icon the text message reads,

*No Mommy, No Daddy, No Jason, and soon to be no Emily -A*

"Fuck everything." I whisper out load as I put my phone back down. Deciding to sit down and clear my head, I grab a book off Em's desk and sit on her cool window couch. The cover reads -Struck By Lightning- and within 2 minutes if reading I am hooked. The plot is about a high school teenage boy who dreams of getting away from the small town he lives in and becoming a journalist. It is basically how he perceives his last year of highschool and how he survives through life's ups & down's. Checking the clock every 30 minutes, by the time Emily has to get up I'm half way done. Setting the book down and walking towards her, I smile because under the covers she looks peaceful.

"Babe... Babe." I say attempting to wake her up with no luck. Getting an idea, I straddle her waist and pull back some of the covers around her face.

"Emmy, babe you gotta wake up now we're meeting the girls soon." She doesn't even budge a little bit from her peaceful sleep. Leaning down, I kiss her softly on the lips hoping that would maybe work and thankfully it did. Em starts to wake up and opens her eye's. Smiling she say's.

"Hey you. I was just about to get up."

"Ya right, Em I've been trying to get you up for the past 5 minute's." I reply still straddling her and laughing.

"Ok ok you caught me but hey what can I say, I like sleep." I start to make a move to get off of her but Em moves her hands to my waist sitting me back down on her stomach.

"I love you Ali. I love you so so much and I'm with you no matter what. I am so sorry about last night to for everything." Emily states brushing some hair out of my face. She always knows what to say because even though today has started off great, the fact that I was kicked out of my house less then 24 hours prior is still in my brain. The way he told me too just hurt. It was like he didn't even care enough to tell me, he just brought out a suitcase and gave me an hour. I would have rather he yelled or told me he hated me for who I love, then him just be silent. But for her to apologize was crazy because she didn't do anything wrong. It was his choice to cut me out of his life. I feel my face heat up and can tell I'm blushing.

"I freaking love you too and babe never apologize for something you didn't do ok. You did not make him cut me out of his life so it is ok."

Em keeps her hand on my cheek and softly cradles my head. It is a small amount of comfort but it is just what I need. Getting off of Emily, she gets out of bed and starts getting dressed. By the time we are both dressed for the day it's 11:32.

"Meet you in the car." Em yells from downstairs.

"Ok be there in a sec." I reply finishing the last of my mascara. Quickly running downstairs, I lock up her house and join Em in the car.

"Do you mind if I play the radio Em?"

"Sure, go ahead." She teases grabbing my hand and waiting for me to find the perfect song before she drives. Flipping through the options and coming up empty handed I click the CD button. Em always has a Red Hot Chilly Peppers CD in because it is her favorite band so I'm surprised when crying comes on instead.

"Emily?" I question confused.

"I don't know what it is Ali." She say's looking back at me worried. " Wha-what am I-I gon-na do now," through to speakers and I snap my head to Emily. What the actual fuck is going on. " You're gonna stay with me Ali. With my family once we tell them in a couple week's," say's soft voice from the CD. I skip a track hoping this is just some sick joke but the next one is just like the previous track. It was Em and I talking or me crying over something that I had lost recently. The final track comes on and it is a computer voice.

"Like my present bitches? Kisses-A," it announces. Emily quickly hits the eject button and sighs waiting for the CD to plop out of its respective slip. In bright red sharpy, reads "there is more presents to come your way -A."

Looking to Emily, I notice her stern face and look of anger/worry.

"Emily?" I say quietly.

"What Alison!" She snaps back and I cower slightly. Em isn't the type to snap so it is extremely scary when she does.

"Nothing." I whisper. She sighs, puts the car in gear and pulls out of the driveway. Half way to the brew, I feel a hand resting on top of my own and look over to a face full of worry on my favorite brunette.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap."

"It is ok I understand. Let's just get to the brew, we are late already." I respond smiling. The rest of the car trip is silent and by the time we show up were 20 minutes late. Getting out of the car and opening the door for Em, we are greeted by 1 happy Aria, 1 neutral Spencer, and one pissed the hell off/annoyed Hanna.

"I will order for us." I state as Em nods and sits down. This is just a wonderful idea, I think with a sarcastic edge as I look back to a Hanna who is giving me the evil eye.

"2 Latte's for Ali!" Somebody shouts and I grab our drink. Making my way back to the girls quickly, I set the drinks down on the table and sit down. It was silent for a minute until Aria speaks.

"Thank you for coming guys."