Chapter 23

Ali POV.

"About A. I have them all the time but this time it was different. There usually about somebody who matters to me but last night it was even worse. Last night it was about you." I state shaking slightly due to nerves coursing through me.

"What about me Ali?" She questions and puts a hand on my arm trying to calm me down. I smile and nod but my breathing starts to become rapid almost to the point of hyperventilation.

"Ali, calm down. You and I are both okay so just breath." I take a deep breath and focus on her voice. After what feels like 30 seconds, my breathing slows down and I continue.

"I was in a brightly lit room, alone. Then the a small square part of the floor started moving and up you came, tied to a chair and blindfolded. So naturally, I ran to you and took off your blindfold but you were unconscious. And then somebody apart of the A team grabbed me and pulled me away from you. The whole scene faded to a dark room and you were still in the chair but I couldn't move from where I was standing. Then big A put a gun to your head and-" I pause because reliving that dream is hell. "Em I don't wanna talk about this ok. I know it won't happen because I'm gonna protect you as much as possible from A but I don't wanna even think about it."

"I understand babe. Don't worry okay." Nodding Em and I get out of the tent and walk back into her house. Deciding to shower, Em states that she is gonna make us some breakfast while I'm gone. Once I'm done my shower and am ready to face the day Emily has already set the table for breakfast.

"Hello gorgeous." She say's smiling and I blush.

"Hello beautiful." I cheekily reply. I sit down at the table and Em brings out a pan of pancakes, giving me two of them. Grabbing the maple syrup, I pour a ton onto the top of my breakfast cakes and lick my lips.

"Pancakes with maple syrup! Now what did I do to deserve somebody like you?"

"Well I am pretty amazing if I do say so myself." She states, pushing her hair out of her face as if she's a model.

"And oh modest!" I state giggling. As the laughter dies down, I decide to dig in. The pancakes are okaylden and cooked to perfection. After talking about my nightmare to Em, I feel so much safer. We eat in comfortable silence as usual but it feels as if there is a small amount of tension in the air. Deciding to ignore it, I get up and put my plate in the dishwasher. I look back to see Em still unmoving. Still as can be, almost as if the outside world doesn't exist. Out of nowhere, I hear my phone ring. It's either a text I don't care about or a text from an unknown person I hate. For those of you who are wondering, it was the second one.

*Break up with Emily or you'll be sorry. You have 1 hour to decide-A*

Fucking god, can't A just leave me be with somebody. They have already taken everything of mine and to take Emily too will leave me bare. Almost like not wearing clothes. Time starts to tick and I know I have to decide fast. Maybe Hanna is right about me and about how almost all of rosewood would hate me but after what I'm about to do to protect Em everybody will hate me. Looking back to Em, I see her get up and make her way to where I was standing.

"Something wrong?" Emily asks when she see's me visibly frown.

"I'm so sorry Em." I state almost on the verge of crying.

"What are you talking about Ali?" She asks walking near me but I take a couple steps back because if she gets any closer I will tell her I'm doing this against my will.

"We can't be together anymore. The past week has been great but I just don't think we are going to work out. I'm sorry." I state wrapping my arms around my body as if to hug myself.

"Ar-are you breaking up with me?" She questions in complete shock.

"Yea" I state wiping away a tear and the look on Emily's face shatters my heart.

"I-I trusted you... I protected you from everybody Ali. You said that you weren't playing games that you actually cared about me." She says and then waits as if to expect a sarcastic remark but that isn't the case.

"Em you don't understand how much this kills me. This is something that I am gonna regret for the rest of my life." And with that I run upstairs because if I stay even a second longer around her my resolve will crumble and A will hurt her. I grab a random bag of mine and leave the rest of my stuff at Em's house as I run out the door bawling. All I hear as I leave is sobs coming from the kitchen that being to a broken hearted Emily. I get to the house that I used to but no longer live in and go through a little entrance into the house from the backyard to a hide out of mine. It is small and cramped but it for now is a place to call home. There is only one real entrance and exit but it will work for now. I look at my phone that hasn't stopped buzzing since I left Emily in a crying mess just like A told me to do. There is only one message of the seven in my mailbox that I care about.

*Good job, she stay's safe -A*

With that, I sit down on a small bench in my hideout and cry until I fall asleep. This is the first time I've fallen asleep without feeling safe in the past week and a bit. It's all because Emily isn't here with me.