{chapter 21}

"We're here!" Marinette announced. She could tell Adrien was worried. "It's okay, Adrien. My parents will help."

Adrien nodded, and then took a deep breath before Marinette opened the door to the inside of her bakery.

"Marinette, you're home!" Sabine ran and hugged her daughter. "I hope you enjoyed your two weeks and didn't have any problem."

"Yeah, I... Did..." Marinette broke the hug and turned to Adrien.

"Oh, and I see you brought a friend over," Sabine frowned. She didn't know her daughter was friends with Adrien. "What happened to him being the bad boy at school?"

"Ah, Mom!" Marinette urged, then looked away with a blush. "Adrien wasn't who I thought he was. He's actually quite different and likable."

"Ah, and here I was, worrying that you would have a bad two weeks," Sabine chuckled. "You know, I chose for you to live with the Agreste because Emilie was my best friend when we were younger. I knew I could totally trust her."

"Oh, I see." Marinette turned to Adrien again, wondering if he was just nervous and that's why he wasn't saying anything.

Marinette didn't exactly know how to tell them that Adrien wasn't just a friend to her now, but she decided to save that till later.

"Anyway," She cleared her throat again. "I was wondering if Adrien could stay here with us."

"Oh, for how long?"

"Forever," Adrien muttered.

"Just until we figure a few things out," Marinette replied, not sure if Sabine heard Adrien or not.

"And is his parents okay with it?" Sabine asked.

"Yeah," Marinette quickly nodded. "His parents are totally okay with it."

"Okay then. If you say so." Sabine was the kind of parent that trusted her daughter no matter what. She knew Marinette would never lie to her, and if she did, it would be because of a good reason.

Marinette took Adrien's hand and pulled him away from her mother. They reached her room within a few seconds and Marinette closed the door.

"I... I kinda feel a but bad though," Adrien spoke. "Mom is still living with him, probably getting beaten in the worst way possible. I'm afraid she..."

"Adrien, it's okay. I'll go and see how Emilie is doing. You stay here," Marinette smiled. "Besides, what can Gabriel do to me anyway? I'm not related to him."

"That doesn't matter. We're dating now. He'll find ways to do bad things to you." Adrien was still worrying. "What if he forces you to tell him where I am? Or what if he traps you in the mansion and beat you up too. Or-"

"Adrien," Marinette pressed a finger against his lips. "It's okay."

Adrien stood there, staring at her, before he finally gave in and sighed. He rested his head on her shoulder. "Thank you."

Marinette pressed her lips on his forehead. "You'll see. Soon this will all he over."

--------

Marinette rang the door bell for the third time. Why wasn't anyone picking up?

Fit the door started opening, and Lina was there. Marinette admitted, she had forgot that the woman was still here.

"Ugh! Of course it's you," Lina rolled her eyes. "Who else wouldn't be patient and keep ringing the bell like a maniac."

"You're the maniac!" Marinette blurted, and didn't regret saying it.

"Ugh! You little-"

"Lina, let her in." Gabriel's voice boomed, loud enough for both females to hear.

Marinette huffed and stepped inside the mansion, Lina giving her dirty looks.

"Marinette, what a pleasure to see you. It's be quite a while." Gabriel rose from the couch and stepped towards her. Marinette stood in one spot, not showing a sign of fear.

"Yeah, I'm here."

"Where Adrien? Is he not with you?" Gabriel looked around, as if expecting Adrien to appear at any moment.

"Ha! The boy is probably just too much of a weakling to come," Lina laughed.

Rage boiled inside Marinette. "You will not talk of my boyfriend that way, Lina! Keep your mouth shut and mind you business!"

Lina looked surprised, but didn't want to stop talking. "So what? It is true! Adrien is a small weakling-"

"Lina, shut it!" Gabriel glared at her.

Lina growled and started running upstairs. "You'll see, Marinette!"

Marinette rolled her eyes. "I'm actually surprised that that woman is still here. What do you still need her for? She's useless!"

Gabriel shook his head. "Why are you here?"

"I want to see Emilie!"