Revealing Fear

Last Time:

The rest of the feast was great, but the real challenge came when everyone else went to bed except for Hagrid and Harry who had to figure out how to hide these wings. It took awhile, but they were able to gently tuck the wings back under the skin through the nearly invisible slits ... the next few nights will be spent learning to use them ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Gellert sat next to Albus as breakfast got under way, "Did you hear anything strange last night, Albus? Something collided into the wall outside my window and it kind of freaked me out."

"Actually yes, but the wind was very strong last night so it could've been anything." Albus said unconcerned.

(Or it was a creature trying out his new wings.) Hagrid thought nearly biting his tongue as he listened to the young professors and he decided to change the topic. "I did find lots of debris everywhere and a few Hippogriffs were missing some feathers so there might have been some flying issues. That storm came out of nowhere, but more importantly I was able get Tom a boggart for his lesson. A very nice boggart that has been used in classes with aurors before!" He said casually hoping they won't think too deeply about last night and what may have hit their windows.

At first, he was concerned about what the boggart might reveal if it sees Harry, but the boggart he managed to find is a boggart that trained with aurors. This role requires the boggart to not reveal a person's true fear if their fear reveals what they are and to show a different fear. It's part of the training because the aurors are supposed to learn to distinguish creatures by sight and having a boggart give away the answer won't help weed out the idiots. It should be wary enough to not reveal exactly what Harry fears, which wasn't a difficult answer to find once you know his needs to drink blood. It had to be a fear of losing control. The fear Harry felt when he was near the dark lord was basic survival instinct telling him there's danger. The Potters are fools and just annoying, but when Harry nearly drained Marcus at the bludger incident he truly felt scared.

Tom smiled, "Thank you, Hagrid. I have wanted to try something a little different this year instead of solely dueling. If this works out then maybe I'll keep it in the lesson plans from now on."

"You might have a problem if Michael sees the boggart. Either nothing will happen or he'll see You-Know-Who." James commented trying to impress those around him with his son's accomplishments.

Hagrid mentally rolled his eyes. Michael wasn't tough or hardened in any way. The spoiled brat was probably scared of something truly pathetic, "Does he remember that night? That's impressive! I don't know a single being that recalls something that occurred when they were such little tykes!" He exclaimed 'accidentally' crushing James' theory that the boggart would become the Dark Lord much to everyone's amusement even Harry who was listening in from the Slytherin table.

(Yeah ... kind of hard to fear someone you don't even remember especially when people say you easily defeated him as a kid. At least I won't have to worry about the boggart until tomorrow.) Harry thought as he slipped a few extra pieces of bacon onto his plate. The only thing he hates is that he has to attend another flying class today. With that in mind he wondered if he'd prefer the boggart over seeing James ...

Each day he sees the Flying instructor it gets more and more tense. The creature was getting concerned about the upcoming holidays. As much as he wanted to spend Yule with his Dad he had a growing suspicion that that won't be allowed. James is technically his father so he could be forced to spend the holidays with the Potters and that was not something he wanted to deal with. Harry just wanted to activate his portkey and go to his home miles away and celebrate Yule with his Dad and that massive basilisk named Sara, but that's not likely ...