Sports Festival

Izuku realized what he was going to say next and it hurt him. A lot. "Nezu... even though I am flattered for the offer... I... I just can't... I can't leave the ones that have already accepted me... I... I decide that I don't want to join UA... At least not now..." Izuku hurt himself and Toshinori with those words.

"Hmm... Well, that's unfortunate. But, know this Midoriya. You're free to join whenever you want." Nezu said as he took a sip of the tea he prepared. "Now. Let's go back to the stands. Izuku, you're seated beside Toshinori." Nezu said as he got off the chair. Izuku and Toshinori both just nodded before they followed the principal back to the stands.

They got back to the seats and noticed that the teachers and pros were all talking while Midnight was now gone. 'She's probably working on the Festival.' Izuku thought before taking a seat beside Toshinori.

Izuku watched as the students of 1-A and the first years walked out of the entrance. They all looked ready for a fight but some were a little shaken, of course. However, there were three people that caught Izuku's attention.

The guy with blue hair and glasses that saved the brown-haired girl from the 0-pointer. Talking about the girl with brown hair, she was the second person Izuku recognized. But the last one, of course, it was him. That blonde spiky hair and those ruby red eyes... he could never forget them.

Izuku could only look in amusement at what the first years' reaction was when the 18+ hero Midnight was revealed as the announcer. He thanked whatever fanfiction God out there that he wasn't down there. But then, his face changed emotion completely when he heard who the representative of 1-A was.

Before Bakugo started his honorable speech, Izuku got Toshinori's attention and said, "100,000 yen on him saying something about how he's going to win." Toshinori was a bit surprised by the sudden claim but only shrugged before saying back, "I'm in. Young Bakugo is a powerful student. He'll give an inspiring speech that will drive his classmates forward."

It was clear that Toshinori had expectations for his explodo student. It was also clear he had failed to pick up anything about Bakugou's personality. Izuku just snickered a little before stopping and listening to what Bakugo was about to say.

"I'm gonna win," Bakugo said, shocking most of the audience as well as the other students. The crowd was just silent as boos could be heard from the rest of the first years. Toshinori looked defeated and was really disappointed in young Bakugo. However, he had to pay up, so he just put 100,000 yen in Izuku's open hand.

Midnight then took over the show and told everyone what the first event was going to be. It ended up being an obstacle race.

The race started with a guy named Todoroki freezing up the tight corridor that all participants had to get through. He seemed like a powerful and smart foe, definitely one to be reckoned with. From there, Todoroki would freeze a 0-pointer and get over 'The Fall' all while in 1st place. The last obstacle was a minefield that Todoroki decide to take his time on. However, it was not a wise decision on his part, as Bakugo ended up catching up to him at the end of the minefield. It was a close fight at the end, but Bakugo managed to get in a hit on Todoroki. The hit made Todoroki slip on his own ice and Bakugo got 1st place in the obstacle race. Todoroki looked devastated that he got 2nd place, but he was still looking forward.

However, those two idiots weren't the ones that caught Izuku's attention. The one that caught his attention was a certain pink-haired girl that he found out was from the support tech administration. She caught his attention due to her useful inventions. A pair of jet boots with a grappling hook around the waist. Due to her invention, she made it over The Fall rather quickly and moved onto the next round, placing 41st overall. Izuku managed to get her name, Hatsume Mei. He had to talk to her after or during the Sports Festival.