Chapter 10: Shot Clock

Nyame began driving her grandma's Volkswagon Beetle to Nathan's house gripping the steering wheel tightly. She kept constantly over thinking and thinking. She said to herself "What the hell would he want talk about concerning us there's nothing going on." Nyame instantly denied her feelings and said "If he really likes me than maybe he'd step up and tell me."
Nyame blasted Ella Mai "Shot Clock" through her radio and continued down the rickety road towards his house.

She got out the car and walked up to the door. Nathan greeted her with a smirk and he began to say "Hey swee-."

"Save it." She said walking through the door.

Nathan said confused "Am I missing something?"

Nyame asked annoyed "What do you want to talk about?"

Nathan sighed and said "Us. Listen I'm flattered to know that you may or may not have a crush on me but I'm kinda seeing someone."

Nyame said shaking her head "I'm not surprised."

Nathan said offended "What's that suppose to mean?"

Nyame yelled "Look at you! And look at me it'll never work! Obviously I'm not your type."

Nathan said "No, it's not like that."

Nyame clenched her fist and looked down and said "Then what is it like then?"

Nathan walked closer to Nyame
"Its like I need a distraction from you. Obviously you don't like me so why are you getting so upset?"

Nyame continued to look down and said coldly "You just make me sick."

Nathan looked hurt and said "I'm sorry you feel that way." Nathan opened the door gesturing for her to leave.

Nyame walked out into the cold brisk air and let her tears fall. Nyame got in the car and screamed at the top of her lungs. She had never felt so hurt and confused. She knew she liked Nathan but why was she still denying her feelings?

Nyame started the car wiping her tears away and trying to focus on the road. Nathan's hurt expression kept going through her mind. She began to sob and suddenly she was spinning uncontrollably.

Nyame felt a crash and felt her rib cage break and a thousand other things break in her body.

-------------------------

Nathan's Point Of View

Nathan put his hand through his hair in frustration. He tried to keep a good head while he went on his date with Gwen which was hard. Nyame had really messed up his head.

Why should I even care? Nathan thought as he sat in front of Gwen on the Ferris wheel at the fair. Gwen sat closely to him kept making excuses to touch his hand. He was so distracted in his thoughts that he barely noticed that Gwen had managed to get in his lap.

Gwen asked flirting "Are you having fun, babe?"

He answered flatly "Yeah, sure I am."

Gwen edged closer to him kissing him on the lips and he kissed her back. There was no feeling behind the kiss just desire and lust he noticed.

She began kissing his neck and Nathan just sat stiffly as she did it. He wasn't feeling it. Then she lowered herself down unzipping his pants.

Nathan's phone suddenly started to ring and he jumped and noticed it was an unknown number.

He answered and Gwen gave him an annoyed look "Hello?"

A worried woman's voice answered "Hello is this Nathan?"

"Yes it is." Nathan sat up straighter in the seat.

"N-Nyame, she hasn't came home she said she was going to see you, is she still with you?"

Nathan began to panic but tried to stay calm. Nyame's grandma was not fond of him.

He answered "She was with me earlier. I'm not sure where she is."

"So she's not with you?"

"No ma'am."

"Do you like my granddaughter, Nathaniel?"

"Yes." Nathan answered without hesitation.

"Do you love my granddaughter?"

Nathan this time hesitated. Could he really let her know his feelings?

He sighed and said "Yes ma'am I do."

"And you'd do anything to protect her, correct?"

"Yes." Nathan didn't know where this was going but he was anxious about Nyame. He didn't want anything to happen to her. He definitely was in love with her.

She said sadly "Then why are you letting this girl you are with do such things and why are you so distracted?"

Nathan said "Because I know I'm not good for Nyame."

Nala suddenly said "At least you admit it. Please help me find my granddaughter."

She hung up. Nathan looked surprised at how easy it was to talk to Nala. He had heard she was bitter towards him but now he just wanted to do everything in his power to find Nyame.

Sorry I had leave y'all with a cliffhanger because that's what good authors do.

Stay tuned for the next chapter. Thank you for all the votes and reads and comments.

Love, Your Author