"Candace Cane?"

"Why of course, do you really think I would let our lovely Freya attend this dinner Chaperoneless?" Said The emerging figure of Candace.

Freya sighed but smiled none the less.
Oliver dwindled in the background taking in the spectacular office.

"Tell me, ladies, what is it you have planned next?" Asked Slughorn.

"Well in After the fashion line comes out, we'll be beginning the business loans." Said Freya.

"Yes, we plan on making hundreds of dreams come true." Said Candace.

"Wonderful, simply Wonderful." Said Slughorn.

"Pardon me, sir, but I was wondering if I may steal Ms. Taschereau for a second." Said Tom.

"Of course, young love is a beautiful thing." Said Slughorn as he made his way to an abnormally pale man in the shadows.

Tom whisked Freya onto the dance floor.

"You look lovely tonight." Said Tom.

"Thank you." Said Freya, I'm some sort of monotone.

"I mean it, every man here wishes he were me." Said Tom.

"I suppose." Said Freya.

"Is something wrong, love?" Asked Tom.

"Don't call me love." Said Freya.

Tom was taken aback. Freya was never like this.

"What is it?" He asked quietly, as they were still moving in a group of people.

"You. Why is it that you never write to me. Ever. Why did you just show up when she did." Asked Freya.  If you couldn't hear her you would think that nothing was wrong for her face wore a distinctly calm expression.

Tom had to think quickly.

"I can hardly stand to be without you to the point where I find myself unable to compose letters to express how much you mean to me." Said Tom smoothly.

To his delight, she eased into his arms.

"Why didn't you think of me ever?" She Asked.

"I've thought of almost nothing else but you for quite sometime now." He said.

"Really?" She Asked.

"Really." He Said.

She bit her lip, and her eyes left his. He quickly spun her around to see that she had been looking at Candace who was again shaking her head.

"I love you." He Said, before he kissed her, and kissed her hard. She seemed so shocked that she didn't even begin to kiss back before he pulled away.

"I- I-" Said Freya, slightly pink from the kiss.

"I have something to ask you." He Said. "But not here."

"I just got here, I literally arrived here two minutes and an I love you plus the dinner smells better than any of the food I've had in weeks."

"Believe me, this will be worth it." He said.

"Well, Alright." She Said.

"Follow me." He Said.

He pulled her down a long hallway until he reached the girl's lavatory.

"Are we going to the chamber of secrets?" She Asked.

"You truly are the perfect woman." He Said.

He spoke parseltoungue and picked her up before sliding down into the Chamber.

He was immensely please at the look of awe on her face. He began kissing her neck.

"This is much better." She Said as she took in the room.

"I knew it would be." He Said.

He pulled off his jacket and put it over her shoulders. He then conjured a beautiful meal complete with a table and chairs.

"What? A picnic is too good for Tom Riddle?"

"Well, we are in the sewer." He Said, playfully.

"You don't need to remind me." Said Freya.

He poured her a drink.

"So last weekend I was anticipating your arrival with a single question on my mind." He said.

"Was it, How could Slytherin have built this chamber under a bathroom when modern bathrooms weren't invented until the late 19th century?" She Asked.

"No, actually now that I think about it." He said.

"What do you think the chamber was initially attached to?"

"I don't know." He Said.

"I bet it was something snake related. Like maybe it was a portrait of a snake, and then the snake from the image was able to transfer its powers to another object so it just slithered onto the sink." She said excitedly.

"Why did you ask if you already had an answer?" He asked, bemused.

"Conspiracy theories are a passion of mine, and I can't have a column on it so it comes out in bursts." Said Freya happily, as she ate her food.

"Back to my question." He Said, refilling her drink, for the third time that evening.

"Is it how many glasses of champagne will it take to get me drunk? Because I'm getting there." Said Freya giggling slightly.

"No, it's something more serious than that." Said Tom.

"I totally get serious, actually I have something serious to say." She Said. She took a deep breath took Tom's hand in hers looked into his eyes and said, "two priests and a rabbi walk into a bar."

Tom chuckled and pulled his hand away. He laughed a little, until he was standing in front of her. He picked up his wand and swished it, and suddenly the room filled with all sorts of colourful flowers.

He took her hand in his "as much as I would like you to continue to make me laugh tonight, I was hoping that you could make me laugh for the rest of our lives." He Said.

Freya shifted slightly, but didn't seem to catch the implications. "What do you mean?" She Asked.

"I mean that I love waking up next to you, listening to you speak, and watching your eyes sparkle, I love you." He Said.

"Well I love you too." She Said, about to turn back to eat.

"I even love how blind you are to all romantic hints." He said.

"That's odd." She Said. "But I guess some people find it endearing."

Freya must've been on her fifth or sixth glass of Champagne on an empty stomach. Tom seemed to top off her drink each time she took a sip, but what he said next sobered her up in mere seconds.

He got down on one knee and asked.

"Freya Taschereau, will you marry me?" 

~•~