After we were back on the Normandy, mum had to pick up a krogan, before heading to an STG base where they said was a female krogan. It would be easy, get in, get the female, get out. So this time, I actually managed to convince mum to take me with her. So she took me and EDI (who now had a body, that's what the mess at Palaven was about). As I joined her in the armoury, I put on my armour, the same cherry red set she gave me when she 'died'.
"Grab a gun just in case, Angie. I'm not expecting trouble, but anything could happen." She told me as I flipped my helmet over and caught it in my hands. I had my long ginger hair tied back in a French plait, as it was the only comfortable way to have my hair when I had that oh-so-frustrating helmet on. I supposed it did protect me, though. I grabbed an assault rifle and turned back to her.
"Are you sure you wanna do this, Angie?" She asked me, and I sighed.
"Mum, I've seen worse on Omega. I've fought off a lifetime's worth of blue suns, for God's sake." I said, and that shut her up. She knew I was ready to finally go on a mission with her.
"Commander, shuttle is ready. Good luck." Joker interrupted on the comm, so we left the armoury and made our way to the shuttle. Cortez dropped us off at the STG base and waited for us to return. Mum spoke to some salarians who told us to go down a level to get the female, so they let us into the lift. But I could sense trouble was coming. When the lift doors opened, there were salarians rushing around everywhere, but there was one at a console that stood out, in his white armour.
"Mordin?" Mum asked, and he turned to face us.
"Shepard. Knew you were coming. Must see female. Show you her progress." He said, and lead us to a female krogan in a glass room. I couldn't say I'd ever met a female krogan before, but she was more sophisticated, better looking than the Male krogan I'd seen. She was strapped onto some type of transportation device.
"Call her eve. Only surviving female. Need to finish-" Mordin said, but was cut off by an explosion above us. I immediately pulled out my assault rifle and looked around.
"What was that?" Mum asked, and I smiled to myself.
"Cerberus. Knew female was here! We need to get her out!" Mordin exclaimed, before stepping into a control room next to Eve's room. I kept my eye on the doors, waiting for the Cerberus troops to break their way in.
"I'll go on lift with Eve. You fight off troops. I get Eve to ship. Good luck, Shepard." He continued, and the lift went away just as the doors broke open to reveal a group of Cerberus soldiers. I ducked and hit them immediately with a stasis, mum shooting them down as they swirled around helplessly. Once we had got rid of them, we headed along to where Mordin was headed with Eve. We fought more Cerberus troops along the way, until we reached a point where we saw a group huddled together, not noticing we were there. With a grin, I pulled out my sniper rifle.
"Wait, Commander. Let's surprise them." I said, and mum nodded swiftly in my direction. I lined up, and took a shot at the one in the middle, leaving a clean hole in the middle of his head. The others were then alerted to our whereabouts and I hurled a throw at them, knocking them all off their feet so that mum and EDI could gun them down.
"Nice work, Angie." Mum told me as we continued on. There was a series of checkpoints where we had to send Mordin and Eve on their way again, until we finally managed to get Eve to the Normandy, fighting off an Atlas to get her there. That was fun. When we were finally back on the Normandy, I took my armour off and headed straight to the showers. I then realised after I had gotten out of the shower that I had none of my normal clothes left. I was planning to have told mum and dad about my position a while ago. So with a grimace, I pulled on my alliance casuals and headed out to mum.
"Good work today Angie. You've really proved yourself." Mum said as she heard me approach.
"Thanks, mum. I'm glad you let me go out today." I replied. She turned to face me.
"Where did you get those casuals? Are they mine?" She asked, and I shook my head.
"They're mine. I grabbed them in a rush before we left earth." I answered, and mum furrowed her eyebrows, before shrugging.
"Alright. Well, good work, Angie. Maybe I'll take you on another mission sometime." She said, and I nodded.
"I'd like that."