Biotic

Dr Chakwas surprisingly had an l3 implant, but we knew it could be dangerous.
"It's the only choice we have, Angie. We need to get your Biotics under control. And after that, I can train you. If we get it done quickly, Mum won't even notice." Dad said, and I laughed.
"Fine. Let's do it." I said, and before I knew it I was undergoing surgery. Apparently it only lasted about 20 minutes, and I felt fine by the time Mum got back. I just had a bit of a headache, so I went to bed. We decided it was best to keep it secret until I had it under control, and when I woke up later that evening, we were up in space again. I climbed out of bed and went to dad.
"Dad. It's normal to get headaches like these, right?" I asked, and he nodded.
"You've got a newer implant than me, so the side effects won't be bad. You'll just get those headaches every so often." He said, and I sighed.
"Thank god. I thought there was a problem." I said. He looked over my shoulder, so I turned around to see Mum.
"Hey Mum." I said, smiling at her.
"Angie! You feeling better now?" She asked, and I nodded.
"I just had a bit of a headache." I said. Dad kissed Mum on the cheek.
"How was Noveria?" He asked.
"Alright. Liara's a bit upset, though. Her mum died." She explained.
"That's so sad." I said, and mum frowned.
"Yeah, well we knew she'd be indoctrinated when we got there." She explained.
"Alright. I'm gonna head up to the briefing room to talk to Max." I said, and walked away, leaving Mum and dad to talk. Mum didn't need to know about my biotics.

"Hey, Joker, can you make sure this conversation is one hundred percent private? So like Mum can't check it?" I asked through the briefing room comm.
"Sure, Gellie." He said. I called Max straight away.
"Hey Max." I said.
"Angie! How are you?" He asked. Every time I called him, his strong accent made me laugh.
"I'm good, Max. How are you?" I asked.
"Good!" He said.
"I discovered on Noveria today that I'm a biotic, Max." I explained, and he gasped.
"No way! That's so cool." He said, and I laughed.
"Dad's gonna train me. Mum doesn't know, though. I don't want to cause trouble." I said.
"She'll find out at some point, Angie. Sooner or later." He said.
"Yeah. I'll see you again soon, Max." I said, and hung up on him. I left the briefing room and went to see Joker.
"Hey, Gellie. Everything okay?" He asked as I sat down in dad's seat.
"Yeah, I think so." I said.
"Just chilling here, then." He said, and I nodded.
"I like seeing where we're headed. Looking out at the stars and so on." I said, and he laughed.
"That's why I'm a pilot, Gellie. It's a great job." He said, and I smiled.
"I always wanted to be up in space. Now I'm here, it's everything, maybe more than I imagined." I said. Mum walked in.
"Everything all right up here, Joker?" She asked, and he turned to look at her.
"Yeah. I was just talking to Gellie about the stars." He said, and mum approached, before looking out of the window.
"They're beautiful. Space is so peaceful." She said, and I nodded in agreement.
"It really is. Until the fighting starts. I hope to avoid the Geth borders." I said, and she laughed.
"Yeah, that's somewhere you don't wanna go. You should get to bed, Angie. It's late, and your dad said he wanted to do something with you while I'm on a mission tomorrow." She said, and I stood up.
"Yeah, Mum. Night, Joker." I said, walking away.
"See ya, Gellie!" He called back. I went to my bed, and slept the night away, as peacefully as I could. I was restless; the headaches were worse again so I struggled. But when I woke in the morning, I was absolutely fine. I found dad in the cargo bay, leaning on the Mako.
"Alright, Angie? Ready to start training?"