Chapter 6

After that there was a quick tour around the Compound and Tony had to take Peter to his Aunt's department, but something felt off. Peter's Spidey sense couldn't stop going off and he started becoming nervous. 'What does this mean?' 'Is May in danger?' Tony noticed this right away.

     "Hey Peter. Is something wrong? You look anxious..." Tony said, and thinking he was worried was an understatement, he didn't know anything about May since months ago, he haven't seen her and she hadn't answered his calls. Before Peter was trapped in the soul Stone she told Tony to be a co-parent, so that if anything happened to her, Peter would have someone and he gladly accepted, the did the paperwork and all that legal stuff, he had copies of each paper, but he preferred that he didn't have to use. It wasn't because he didn't like Peter, he loves his kid, like a son even; but he didn't like the idea of Peter losing his last blood relative.

      "Is just tha something feeels off, Mr. Stark... Have you talked with May recently? Did she dissappear too? Oh god, she maybe freaked and... Oh god, Aunt May will be angry. Ohgod, ohgod, ohgodohgod..."Peter started rambling and his breath quickened scaring the shit out of Tony.

     "Hey, hey, calm down kid, breath, just breath..." Tony said.

      At this point Tony has parked the car in the side of the road and went to the back of the car.

     "Hey FRIDAY, take it from here please" Tony said quickly then turning his complete attention to Peter. "Ok underoos, you have to breath" He took Peter's right hannd and guided towards his chest. "Now copy me Peter. In. Out. In. Out" They were like that for what seemed forever and FRIDAY announced that they arrived.

     "I am sorry Mr. Stark, I don't know what happened... I just- it's just that... I don't know" Peter said and blushed hanging his head in shame.

     "Hey, hey, none of that kid... It was a panic attack, I have those too" Tony said putting an arm over Peter and making the kid lean over him.

     "I know it was a panic attack Mr. Stark, but I haven't ha done in front of anybody" Peter said and Tony's eyes were like dishes.

     "Kid, you have had those before?" Tony asked him receiving a nod from the teenager that kept staring to the floor of the car as if it was the most interesting thing in life. "And without nobody there to help you?" Tony asked that with worry behind each Word, and a little bit of anger towards himself for not noticing before and helping the kid.

     "Yeah... May didn't know about the Spiderman thing ad when she found out, she was mad because I could get hurt but she accepted it at the end with gritted teeth because I would still continue doing it... I didn't want her to worry about this" Peter said shrugging at the end and then wiped some tears that fell from his eyes quickly, apparently so Tony wouldn't see him crying.

      "Why didn't you tell me kid? It is not a nice experience having those, I know from first hand. I could have helped" Tony told him, but he was sure, he would have done the same. Sometimes he thinks Peter is too similar to him, that he doesn't know if he has to be proud or worried. 'I want him to be better tan me though' Tony thought.

      "You are a busy man Mr. Stark, I didn't want you worrying for nothing. Besides I am a grown up man, I should handle this stuf alone" Peter said, not looking Tony in the eyes. Tony was grateful though, because he was angry that he didn't notice, angry that Peter thought, but when saying angry is angry, he wanted to give the kid one or two swats for being so reckless, or too selfless for this world, he couldn't though; not the place, not the time and definitely he wasn't his guardian not completely. Is not like he would do it neither .

     "Well Peter. I want you to know that it doesn't matter if I am busy, or if I am in a damn meeting, if you need something, you get injured, you get sick, you have a panic attack, damn it, even if you ave a scratch you can call me and I will be there. This is something serious, and I don't want you living it alone, even I had Pepper and Rhodey. So next time you have one of those or you feel too anxious, or whatever those emotions there in your head mess up, ori f you have problems in patrol. I want to know. Ok?" Tony said and Peter was caught off guard with the stern yet soft tone his mentos and father figure used.

      "But I don't want to bother you Mr. Stark... I don't want to be a burden" Peter replied looking at his mentor's eyes.

     "Peter you are not a bother nor a burden, and if someone sayss the opposite, I am gonna kick that asshole's ass" Tony said hugging his kid. Peter was tense at first, but then relaxed in the embrace. "So, do you promise you are going to tell me? Or do I have to put a tracker, a cam, a microphone and a vital scanner in your backpack or spiderman suit?" Peter broke the hug ad inmediately shook his head so fast, Tony thought he was going to lose his head.

    "I promise to tell you Mr. Stark" Peter said, blushing a Little when he realised he looked like a Little kid promising not to take more cookies from the jar.

     "I hope so, because you know very well taht I would do the bckpack thing even if it's just to make sure" Tony said and Peter's cheeks looked like tomatoes. "Well now lets go see your aunt".

     With that both left the car, and made their way towards the oh so familiar building. They took the lift to Peter's floor and Peter's spidey sense started going crazy, something was wrong, something was very wrong.

     "Mr, Stark there's something really wrong going on" Peter said, becoming aware of where his tinglinng sense was guiding him and he froze on is spot seeing his apartment door wide open. Tony decided to make the next movement.

     "Peter wait here" Tony said stepping inside the apartment, but his order went to deaf ears and Peter stepped in. The smell of blood hit him hard and he ran towards the source collapsing when he found, he fell to his knees, Tony behind him sucked on a harsh breath.

     May laid limp on the bath tub, there was wáter and her blood painted it. Written with blood on the White Wall 'The End comes in different ways, there is always another one'.

     Tonny directed his gaze towards the kid who was paralized taking his death aunt's hand in his, Tony decided to call an ambulance. He kneeled besides he kid and even he wanted to cry, but Peter was there frozen, looking at his lifeless aunt, it looked like have been days like this, with how her skin looked it didn't seem impossible. The paramedics arrived and when they tried to take May away Peter reacted.

      "No! Don't! She can't be dead" She isn't dead...She can't" Peter exclaimed while trying to hide the sobs that were escaping from his mouth. He clinged to May's arm like his life depended on it and Tony had to step forwards, his heart breaking at the scene in front of him. Peter was a kid, a child that needed to be protected, that deserved to be tucked in bed and a good night Kiss, and being taken care of- 'Oh god, I carea lot for the kid' Tony thought. Peter looked so small and vulnerable cling to his aunt's arm even if blood fell on him. Tony couldn't handle it anymore and told Friday to sent his guantlet with a sedant if it was necessary. He got to Peter and took him by the arms firmly but gently at the same time.

     "Peter you've to let go...They have to take her" Tony tried explaining to Peter while the paramedics took May. Peter shook his head and tried taking his aunt's arm, but Tony hugged him tightly and said "I know it hurts Peter and that it won't be easy, but I am here for you. I will take care of you. I promise." Tony said and Peter let the tears fall and tried to wiggle and step towards his aunt but Tony's guantlet arrived, just in time because Peter started squirming and was in the verge of hyperventilating. Tony tooks the shot and injected Peter quickly. "I am sorry kiddo, but I don't want you forcing yourself..."

     '...And seeing you like this is killing me' Tony thought

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

1500 words! Sorry... I haven't updated in ages