Chapter Eleven: Tractor Tipping and Driving Backwards

"Mater, are you sure about us doing this?"

"Mater, I'm not doin' this."

Where the three cars are, was a large open grassy field not too far from Cadillac Range, which could be seen in the distance, a short drive away from Radiator Springs, with tractors sleeping and quietly grazing in the field below.

All of the Tractors were Holstein Heifer Chewall Diesel Powered tractors. Their liveries were varied between many different paint schemes, the most common out of them all being pink with brown spots and slight hints of rust. Another livery that the tractors can be seen in is a much whiter colour, with the same brown spots and slight hints of rust. The tractors have four wheels; the front two displayed close together, making them appear to only have three wheels. Attached to them is a thin, tall stick that connects them to the body. Both back wheels are considerably larger than the front two, and are parallel to each other. The rims are very rusty and dirty.

"Oh, come on, you'll love it." Mater snickered, as he eyed the sleeping tractors. "Tractor-tippin's fun."

McQueen sighed. "This is ridiculous."

Mater leaned over to the two racers. "All right, listen. When I say go, we go. But don't let Frank catch ya. Go!" With that, he raced off into the field, leaving the two cars behind.

McQueen was taken back by Mater. "Whoa! Wait! Who, who's Frank?" He called quietly, but Mater didn't hear him, as he entered the field as if it was natural. "Mater. Wait, Mater!" Lightning then followed after the tow truck, Braedey following behind.

"So, what do we do here, Mater?" Braedey asked quietly. "Is there a way to tip these tractors?"

"OK, here's what you do. You just sneak up in front of 'em, and then honk. And they do the rest. Watch this." Mater drove up to one tractor, as both Braedey and Lightning stay back to watch.

Mater slowly crept up in front of the sleeping tractor, as if he were a predator stalking its prey in the wild. Once getting close enough, he then honked his horn loudly. The tractor woke with a start, it's engine chugging and coughing. As Mater reversed over to the two, the tractor rises up on its back wheels, mooing out, but it's centre of gravity goes too far backwards, and it fell on its back. Then, there was a gurgling sound, and the tractor backfired, letting two smoke rings out of its exhaust.

Mater laughed out loud, as the two racers looked at him confused, but Braedey cracked a smile at what happened

Mater laughed out loud, as the two racers looked at him confused, but Braedey cracked a smile at what happened. "I swear, tractors is so dumb! I tell you what, buds, you don't get much better than this."

"That was amusing." Braedey commented.

"Yep, you're livin' the dream, Mater boy." McQueen replied back with a sigh, then he and Braedey looked to see Mater heading to another tractor.