Chapter Four: Lost In The Dark

Lightning McQueen and Braedey Martin raced along at over 100 miles an hour, dodging and weaving through traffic on the Interstate 40, desperately trying to find Mack, as other cars and trucks blare their horns.

"Mack!" Mcqueen called, but as he was alongside a flat-nose truck, his eyes widened at what he saw ahead. Braedey raced alongside McQueen, and he too saw what was ahead of them.

There had got to be over a hundred trucks with trailers ahead of the two racers. With no other options, Lightning and Braedey race off to try and find their driver.

"Mack!" Lightning called to one truck.

"Is that you, Mack!" Braedey called to another truck.

"Mack!" Lightning yelled, then he noticed something. It was an 18-wheeler like Mack, with the same trailer, and it was leaving the Interstate. "Mack! Mack, wait for us!" He called, and began to race off the interstate to catch up.

"Lightning, wait!" Braedey called, accelerating to catch up with his partner. Then, he saw the truck's trailer lights. "That might be Mack."

Then, as the truck passed down the road, the sound of ringing bells could be heard, along with two flashing lights. Braedey knew that sound: it was a railroad crossing, and a train was heading for it!! Braedey and Lightning accelerated as fast as they could, determined to get past the train to catch their truck. The diesel train saw them, and started to blade his horns at the two, trying to tell them to stop. But, the two didn't listen. They then pushed themselves a little bit further, and cleared the crossing, just before the train reached it.

"Mack! Mack!" Lightning called, as the truck soon slowed down to a stop

"Mack! Mack!" Lightning called, as the truck soon slowed down to a stop. "Mack! Wait up." He called, but as he and Braedey pull up alongside the truck, they were surprised to see the truck wasn't Mack. "What? You're not Mack."

McQueen was right. The truck wasn't a Mack. It was a large Peterbilt Semi Hauler, a model based on a Cabover Engine Peterbilt 352. Although he is rather rusty, his maroon colour is still visible, which is present on both him and his trailer. On his roof cap and trailer doors are pictures of recycled batteries. He has a grey bumper and grey rims.

"Mack? I ain't no Mack! I'm a Peterbilt, for dang sake!" The Peterbilt grumbled, and turned right, disappearing into the night. "Turn on your lights, you moron!"

"Mack..." Lightning thought aloud, then he realised something. "The Interstate!"

 "The Interstate!"