Chapter 17: No. It cant be.

Abby's POV

"Go to your acro lesson now girls," I ordered.

I make my way our the studio door, into the main office. There is so much to be done. I need to update the payment system, make flyers for our upcoming showcase, and choreograph 8 routines.

Needing some air, I step out of the main entrance and decide to take a walk in near the woods. I hear sudden rustling and my name being called from deeper in the Forest. I don't usually take chances, but I walk in anyway.

"Miss Abby! Miss Abby!"

"Who's there?"

"It's us. Maddie and Chloe," the voices reply.

Then I see them, running towards me. They looked tired, broken, but happy. They carried large hiking backpacks and a bag of food.

I open my arms, and they run into me.

After a couple of hours in the studio, reuniting with everyone, I take the two home.

"Where are our dads? And Mackenzie and Clara?" Maddie asked.

"Oh Maddie, Chloe. I'm so sorry," I said sadly.

"About what?" Chloe said quietly.

"Your dad and Clara were murdered by someone. We don't know who it is. And as for your dad and Mackenzie, they were killed too. Shot. In the exact same place."

The two sweet innocent girls had already been through enough. Their moms left, and are no where to be found.

They both cried and hugged each other. I kissed them both on the cheek, then went into the kitchen to make some dinner.

"Girls. I'm going to have dinner delivered. I'm in no state to cook. What do you want? You can have anything you want," I said, smiling through the tears.

"Let's have KFC. Lots of chicken and Mac and cheese. Plus those amazing potatoes and biscuits," Maddie drooled.

"It's settled then," I said back.

We called KFC and ordered 3 large buckets of assorted chicken, 12 biscuits, and a quart of mashed potatoes and mac and cheese.

That night, I showed them their rooms. But they insisted on sharing. I guess they are all each other has left.

THE NEXT DAY

"Rise and shine girls! Let's get up and at 'em. We have a lot to do."

They rolled out of their lilac and white room, yawning and sniffing the cinnamon rolls.

We sat at the large table together, and ate our cinnamon rolls and fruit salad.

"Let's get dressed," I said, "we need to get to the courthouse! I'm adopting you!"

The girls started squealing and jumping.

"YAYAYAYAY!" Maddie shouted.

"So, can we call you..." Chloe started, but then trailed off.

"Call me whatever you want," I replied and engulfed her in a large hug.

"Ok. Mom," Maddie giggled.

Together, our new family, walked up the steps of the courthouse to adopt the two.

I walked up to the counter and stated the situation and information. They said it would take a long time, but I could foster them for now.

They jumped into my arms, and we went home. Together.