━✧ Five

Seulgi unlocked the door of her shop and walked inside, her smile never leaving her lips

Seulgi unlocked the door of her shop and walked inside, her smile never leaving her lips. She stopped and looked at every corner of her shop, admiring the beauty the sunshine brought to the interior. It seemed that the flowers were just as happy as she was as rays of sunshine rested on them. The shop was still quiet, and peaceful. 

Seulgi inhaled deeply the many fragrances of the flowers as she closed her eyes, enjoying the silence and calm of the moment. It was Seulgi's favorite moment of the day. When it was still early, and when the shop wasn't opened yet. It was only the flowers and her in the small boutique. This precise moment of the day always could bring a smile to Seulgi's face, but today, she appreciated that very moment even more. 

She thought the flowers looked more colorful, more alive. Seulgi loved flowers. She considered them as women. Just like every woman is different and unique, flowers were similar to them. There were different species, different colors, different fragrances, different personalities. Yes, in her opinion, each flower had a personality of its own. Some were stubborn, some were unwilling, some were fresh, and some were cheerful. Some flowers would be distinguished and elegant, while some were cute and lively. Some would be made of nothing but simplicity, while some looked extravagant. She truly believed that flowers could change the whole atmosphere of a place by their simple presence.

Ever since she was a child, Seulgi always wondered what flowers would say if they had the ability to talk. Would they understand her like pets do understand a few words from every language as they live with humans speaking their own? Would they understand her every word? Would they complain? Would they gossip? Would they cheer people up? When she was a child, Seulgi often imagined flowers talked to her. She would tell her friends she could hear flowers and understand them. She proudly exclaimed she could have conversations with them. As she grew up, Seulgi matured up, but her passion and curiosity for flowers never ceased. She now knew she couldn't have conversations with them, but it did not stop her from talking to them. She truly believed talking to flowers helped them being healthier. She still wondered what kind of wonderful stories each flower had to share. Flowers were not very different from humans after all. At some point, they started living, they grow taller, bigger, smarter, and more beautiful with time, until one day, they would just fade and life would leave their corpses. Every flower was alive. That's why, she thought, every flower deserved care, attention, and love. 

"Today is a beautiful day ladies. Should I get you all some water?" She cheerfully said, a bright smile on her face. Seulgi giggled a bit, reminding herself of all the times people called her weird for talking to flowers. But it was ok, Seulgi didn't mind being called weird for that much. 

She placed her purse on the counter and looked at the flowers with determination. "Let's clean your places ladies." She nodded to herself as she mentally cheered for herself. 

It took a couple of minutes for Seulgi to change the water of each vase of the shop, and a couple additional minutes for watering the flowers who needed water, placing the flowers who needed the sun in the sunlight. She then cheerfully mopped the floor that was wet, and opened the windows. She stood in front of one and closed her eyes, enjoying the warmth of the sunshine on her skin. After a few seconds, she walked to the door and flipped the sign in order to indicate the shop was now open.