Illegal immigration and the wall

I want to start by saying that I am strictly speaking about illegal immigration. Legal immigration is good for a country, illegal immigration is not. That's why it's illegal.  Legal immigration creates jobs, money and new ideas. Illegal immigration creates crime, women and children get raped and it brings drugs to the country.

It scares me sometimes that some people want open borders. Borders are what defines a country, its values and, to some degree, its people. Without borders, patriotism, our values and the very way we live will disappear. The American people will no longer exist and the country will disappear. All that because you feel bad for a bunch of people too lazy to go through the LEGAL immigration protocol ? Scary thoughts really.

The wall, or fence if you want, will help that's for sure. It'll help in deterring most people who want to get to the U.S. illegally from doing so, forcing them to go through the legal immigration protocol instead. However, the wall alone won't be much help if we don't also upgrade the speed, efficiency and personnel of the immigration process. Together, they'll speed up the immigration process and stop people from immigrating here illegally.