Chapter 1: A Son Of Apollo Starts Sobbing

Start from the beginning

I walk into the infirmary and see Nico and Will straight away, with Will busy as always, and Nico near him 'helping', with both of them blushing, a lot. Even though they've been married for 4 months, 13 days, 20 hours and 17 minutes (not that I keep track of that), all they do is blush around each other. "Will? Nico? Do you guys have a minute?" I ask.

"For you Perce? Always. What did you want to say?" Will replies.

"Well, I just came to say goodbye for now, since I'm leaving for Australia today."

"I can't believe we forgot! Neeks and I were planning to throw a leaving party for you of sorts, just with us, you, the rest of the seven, and a few others. How could we forget?!"

"I reminded you yesterday." Nico says quietly, inaudible for Will to hear, but I heard it.

"It's fine, I just want to leave quietly, I'd rather it this way."

"Are you sure?" Will asks.

"I'm sure. It's been weird with everyone for these past years. We never talk as much, they never seem comfortable around me, I don't feel comfortable to use any of my old powers around them now, let alone turning into a merman. I wish they could see that's it become who I humanly am now, it's such a huge part of me that I could never let go of it, not the power, but the feeling, the tail, swimming in the ocean as a merman. I wish they could understand that."

"I understand Percy," Nico starts, "As soon as people found out who my father was, they would avoid me, ignore me, and even cower away from me in fear. There I was, a 10 year old, new demigod, who had just lost his sister, and who needed a place where he felt like he belonged for once, but I almost never got that feeling. Until you were so persistent in making me happy, I couldn't help but have a crush on you and idolise you. Then Will came along and made me feel the same way, but magnified a thousand times. I guess my point of this is that I understand how you feel, and I'll stand by you and support you no matter what, just like you did for me." At some point during this, Will started sobbing.

"That was beautiful Neeks." He manages to say in between sobs. He then hugs me and Nico, much to Nico's displeasure. "I'll stand by you too Percy."

"I'm going to miss you both so much, make sure to IM me all the time." I say after breaking from the hug.

"We will," Nico says, "And make sure to not get into too much trouble while you're gone. You may be an adult now, but trouble seems to follow you wherever you go."

"I'll try, but I can't promise anything." I say with a smirk and a wink.

"Still the same old Percy Jackson."

We hug again and I head to Cabin 9 to see Leo. Our friendship isn't the same as it used to be, but I do need to say goodbye to him.

Once I get there, I nock on the door. There's no response, as per usual. It's so loud in there that they never hear it, I don't know why I bother to be honest, I guess it's just me making an effort to be polite. I walk in and see Leo busy working on something, not that I'm surprised. "Leo? Got a minute?" Ever since Annabeth died, Leo's become much more withdrawn then he was before, he doesn't say anything about it but I know he blames himself because he made the phones we were using that ended up giving off a signal to monsters. He never forgave himself for that one mistake.

"Percy? Sure, but I don't have long. I'm working on a new celestial bronze rifle- this time it should be able to shoot a lot more efficiently than the last one I made."

"That's great, that'll eventually be a much better way to defeat monsters. I just came to say goodbye for now- I'm leaving for that job in Australia today."