*38*

I roll over, still half asleep, and feel for Jason

I roll over, still half asleep, and feel for Jason. But he isn't there.

I sit up and look at the calendar across my room.

Its coronation day.

I rub my eyes and go shower. Once I get out I find an itinerary on my bed.

I just want to get to this last part.

I roll my eyes and put on my sweats to go meet with the former leaders.

It's so weird calling them former leaders.

I slip on my shoes and run to the conference room.

I take a deep breath before I walk in.

I push the door open and am surprised when everyone pops out yelling "surprise!" At the top of their lungs.

"Uh? For what?"

"You couldn't have forgotten..." Jason walks up

"Um. I know it's my coronation day but this looks more like a- OHHHH."

"I thought you would have put the pieces together by now," my dad laughs.

"Happy eighteenth luv. Now I need to go figure out what kind of makeup and hair your getting," she gives me a small box and leaves with her white hair flowing behind her.

"Got you some birthday donuts," Jason grabs the small box of for glazed donuts.

"You were always so boring," my brother laughs.

"I'd throw one at you but..." I take one out and take a bite, "I'm going to eat them."

"Why am I scheduled until noon here?" I say with a mouth full.

"So he can take you back to town." Jason points to the slowly opening door.

"If you need to-"

"We're going back to town as I promised. Plus. You need to be wearing something I give you today. Or I tear it all down." Michael says from the door.

I look at my hand and see my rings. "Another ring would be nice," I offer.

"Let's go then. Tight schedule. I swore to Winter I'd have you in your room the second the clock strikes noon."

He takes my hand and we jog to the garage. I get on my pastel pink helmet and we ride the twelve miles to town.

Once we're through the beautiful woods and can see the town he speeds up a little. I hold on a little harder.

He takes me to the retail store at the top of the hill and we walk in.

"Thank you," I say as we look around at the rings in the case.

"I want to do this. No need for thanks."

"No. I mean for putting up with me. I've been kind of a bitch to you," I'm now looking at the rose gold rings.