*19*

"Hows gathering your army going?" I ask her

"Well, got my last signature earlier today." She smiles.

She sits there and plays with her food, but doesn't eat any of it.

She probably ate before this.

"The bandits showed up?"

"Yeah, in the middle of the night. Their leader is actually pretty cool. Randomly texted me this morning. He's pretty funny. And nice."

"There isn't another man in the running now is there?" I laugh.

"No. He's wayyy too old. Like the early thirties. He's just a fun guy I guess." She smiles, still playing with her food.

"What's next week then?"

"Um... I think Taylor says I have to meet with those within Zeus that oppose my uncle."

"That would make sense. Allies from with in." I nod and eat.

She eventually gets bored of playing with her food and pushes it away.

We sit in silence for a while, and I realize I don't really know much about her.

"What's your favorite movie?" I ask, filling the silence.

"I don't really watch movies anymore."

"What about a TV show?"

"I liked the Umbrella Academy I guess."

She stares at the plate of food she pushed away.

"Are you Okay?" I finally ask.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I can tell she's lying.

I reach across the table and grab her hand.

"Come on," she looks me in the eyes, and for a moment, the eye contact is unbreakable, "you can talk to me."

"It's just so much. Those men I told you about. They all had the same tattoo on their neck." She brushes the hair off her neck, revealing a small, purplish tattoo...

Zeus's lightning bolt.

"My uncle knows. He knows I'm alive, he knows that I remember. He knows I want it all back." She sighs and breaks the stares.

"I won't let them hurt you, Vick."

"I'm not worried about them..." She looks out the window. "I'm worried about my dad."

"Vicki, he's-"

"He's not dead Michael." She cuts me off.

"I know why you want to believe that bu-"

She gets up. "Shut up- just shut the fuck up!" She storms out.

I chase after her, but she's already in her car and halfway down the street.

I'm in the darkness of the night and she doesn't come back.

She drove us here...

I call Taylor after fifteen minutes. "Hello?"

"Did Vicki come home yet?" I ask, still looking down the roads, hoping she'll come back.

"She's not with you?"

"I made her mad and she stormed off. She drove away about fifteen minutes ago."

"She's not here yet. I'll call Jason, see if she's with him." She hangs up before I get to say okay.

I stare down the dark road as a few cars pass.

Yet not one is hers.

Yet no one is here for me.

Yet I'm still here.

Once the breeze kicks in, I start to feel cold.

Finally, after twenty minutes, my phone rings.

"She hasn't come home yet, and Jason says she isn't with him. "

"Fuck..." I mumble. "Okay. I'll call Winter, she'll come to get me. I'll go look for her. Can you look for her-" I'm cut off by the sound of a familiar engine.

I look up and see the little pink bug pull up.

"She's here." I sigh.

"Okay, tell her to come home soon please?"

"Will do. Bye." I hang up before she can say bye.

I honestly don't understand how we went from Taylor and the silent treatment to her calling and texting whenever Vicki's with me, to constant beck and call.

"I'm sorry." She gets out of the car.

"For what. I shouldn't have said those things." I tell her as she hugs me.

I hug her back. Her head is barely on my chest, and my arms reach to just below her shoulders.

"I'm sorry I stormed off. My phone died and I didn't know." I can hear the sadness in her voice.

"You're fine Vick."

"I want to go home." She says.

"Ok." I nod. I take her home, where my motorcycle is waiting in her driveway.

I walk her to the door and we stand there awkwardly for a moment.

"Um... I'll pick you up tomorrow at eight for the party." I give her a hug.

Before she fully pulls away, she gets on her tiptoes and kisses me quickly. I'm surprised as she walks into the house.

"Bye." She says before she closes the door.

"Bye."

I turn to go to my moter cycle that's in the driveway when I hear the door open again.

"Do you know?" I hear Taylor's voice.

"Know what?" I turn back.

"About the promise."

"Just Winter and Jason. Why?"

"There were four, Michael," she steps out.

"And? Why does that matter for me?"

"Think about it Michael. I've hated you since we've known each other. The incident with Winter, that was nothing."

"Who were they?"

"You heard about the attack on the Apollo house right?"

"An attack by Hades."

"Their leader was the third. Bi-sexual in case she wated a polyamouras relationship."

"Why was there four then?"

"In case something happned to Jason, we needed a back up for him. Someone less expected."

"Are you saying-?"

She nods slowly, and never taking her eyes off of me.

"She's mine?"

Hello!

So this chapter wasn't in much need of editing, but it DID need to be longer.

What do you think Michael will do with this information?

So far, who do you think Vicki ends up with.

~K3