Chapter 17

Colonel Mohan Bhargava had always had a thing for the captains and cadets of KMA

Colonel Mohan Bhargava had always had a thing for the captains and cadets of KMA. He had enjoyed playing games with KMA soldiers be it Cpt Naveen Singh Ahluwalia or Gpt Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, that was because he always won. But she was the only one who he had lost against and for that reason alone He had immense respect for Captain Naina Singh. Today he a chance to go back to the academy and meet them all again which he had thought impossible feet. When he had heard the news about both the Cpts being alive he was actually quite relieved. When his seniors asked him if he would take the assignment of reevaluation of Major Shekhawat he took the opportunity in a heartbeat, his life had been getting quite boring anyway, what better way to spice things up than to go to KMA.

As he arrived at KMA, he thought it best to go meet Cpt. Naina, after all, she was still the acting principal of KMA till the reevaluation process is completed and he was sure that none of the other officers would have arrived yet as is still early morning. He checked time one his wristwatch to see it was still 1000hrs in the morning. He went straight to the principal office and told the orderly to let Naina know he was allowed in.

Naina had been in her office looking over all the necessary documents for the arrival of the officials when the orderly came into informing her that one of the officials was already here waiting outside her office when saw the time she just knew who it would be. She told him to let the officer came in. She had been right about who it could be, " Welcome back to KMA Colonel Bhargava. I hope you had no trouble finding KMA after all it has been a long time since you were last here."

"Of course not Cpt. Naina Singh Ahluwalia, But I must congratulate you on your new position and also on your very successful rescue mission. I am surprised that you agreed to this reevaluation." said Colonel Bhargava. Naina replied, " Why were you surprised sir, I am not that hot-headed Cadet that you met all those years ago. To be very frank here, maine patience apke detention center se hi sikha ha sir, it was your challenge that taught me that sometimes it is better to do nothing rather than do something and make matters worse." Colonel Bhargava laughed and said, " I am glad I could be of some use to you Cpt. and It is always a pleasure to have a talk with you, I would like to meet both the majors but I think it is better if I meet them with everyone else." Naina for once agreed with his decision and told an orderly to get his room ready.

Until they were waiting for orderly to come back Colonel Bhargava asked Naina who else had been assigned to the case because he was only assigned one major and Naina told him that both Abhi and Gunny were assigned with lt.col Nair and Naveen had been assigned, Colonel Vaibhavi Sharma. Colonel Bhargava froze at her name and Naina noticed this lack of control before he composed himself again and went to his a room with the orderly. She thought about his reaction to Colonel Sharma being here and went to the army database to search both the colonel what was revealed shocked Naina to her core. Apparently, ColonelBhargava and Colonel Sharma had been batchmates and this was not all both were estranged from their spouses. She thought this to be odd and researched a bit more and finally found that Colonel Bhargava has been Married to Colonel Sharma and they have been estranged from each other for almost a decade now.