15.

A few months had passed since I last met Finneas—those were some of the hardest months in my life. We didn't get a chance to meet again after our meeting got abruptly cut off by Hans. I wasn't mad at Hans, because I'll admit that he was right. I could've gotten attached to Finneas again, the feelings could've been resurfaced, and a ton of other reasons. It was very refreshing to see him again, and I couldn't deny that I was really glad.

He called me at the airport to say that he was going back to New York. I hesitated, but eventually I told him I couldn't come. I could feel slight disappointment in his voice, but I let him go. It was very hard, but I believed that it was important to not lift my own hopes up. Also, I needed closure—and being away from him would make the process easier.

"So, what should we watch today?" said Becky, pulling me out of my thoughts back into my cozy, bright living room. It was a beautiful morning, with the sun shining and the grass and trees looking greener than ever. Becky, Hans, and I were huddled together on the couch with three cups of coffee on the table in front of us.

"Let's just have a Lord of the Rings marathon," answered Hans, who was sitting beside me, already munching on a bag of organic potato chips he brought himself.

We agreed to that and the first movie started soon. It was about a half hour into the movie when the doorbell rang. I got up and half-ran to the door, and Hans promptly paused the movie. To my surprise, I found my next door neighbor standing in front of my door. I couldn't remember her name, but it was only because we almost never meet. Probably because I don't really go out much.

"Hey, how can I help you?" I asked her politely.

She handed me a white envelope with a royal blue ribbon on it. "It somehow got into my mailbox. It has your name on it," she explained briefly. I turned the envelope over and my name was written with a gold ink. I thanked her, and she nodded before walking down the hall towards the stairs.

"Who was it?" Becky asked as I sat back on the couch. I stared at it, and somehow it felt heavy in my hands.

"The girl who lives next door. She said this got mixed up with her mail."

"Open it! Open it!" Becky squeaked, eager and enthusiastic as usual. Hans sat up from his lounging position and he seemed intrigued as well.

I opened the envelope carefully and it turned out to be an invitation. A wedding invitation, to be exact. It was a beautifully designed invitation, simple and elegant with "Finneas & Anna" written on it.

Hans took the piece of paper from my hands and brought it closer to his face, as if he wasn't sure of what he saw. "How could he?" Hans asked as he held the paper tightly, crumpling the edges.

"It's fine, I low-key already expected it," I smirked, trying to contain my feelings. Hans usually doesn't show any emotion every time Finneas' name was mentioned, but this time he reminded me of the time when he got angry at Finneas for coming back here just to tell me he's getting married. Frankly, Hans frighten me a bit when he's like that. I could tell he was starting to feel irritated. Becky, on the other hand, kept silent.

It went a few moments before Becky asked softly, "What are you gonna do, then?"

"What?" I asked her in confusion after I was able to avert my eyes from the invitation, and she showed me a small card that she took out from the envelope. It was an RSVP card. It gave the option of "Yes" (with company or not), and "No". I took it from Becky and grabbed a pen that was lying around on the table. Becky and Hans scooted closer, wanting to know which one I'll cross.

My hand didn't even shake. I was calm as I could possibly be in a situation like this. I gave a small check sign on the small box beside "No".

"You're not gonna come?" asked Hans carefully. Probably he was afraid I'd burst into tears right away, but I didn't. I nodded in answer to his question, feeling so certain. This was the closure I needed.