Chapter One

Alex takes a deep breath as she paces back and forth in her apartment, she had big news that she needed to tell Kara but she was nervous.

Kara sighed as she entered Alex's apartment. "Alex, you'll never guess what Miss Grant had me do today."

Swallowing thickly, Alex looks up from the ground and stops where she was standing. "W-what?" She stutters nervously.

"She made me give her a foot massage." Kara groaned.

"Oh wow," the brown eyed girl mumbles half-heartedly.

"Yeah. I think I need to chop off my hands and let them grow back again." Kara said dramatically.

Forcing a smile, Alex begins pacing once again, her thoughts all over the place.

"What's wrong?" Kara asked, noticing her sister pacing.

"I have something to talk to you about and I don't know how to say it." the younger sister responds.

"Just say it. I won't judge you." Kara said.

Taking a deep breath, Alex tries to think of how to say it. "I um.... I've been doing a lot of thinking since I started hanging out with Maggie more."

Kara nodded, she shrugged off her coat and sat down on the couch.

"And um, well I think I might like.... I might like girls." Alex forces out.

Kara smiled softly. "I'm glad you told me."

"That's.... that's not all." The brunette manages to get out.

"Really?" Kara asked.

Swallowing thickly, Alex turns to look at the blonde. "I-I'm in love with you."

Kara looked up at Alex and frowned. "You what?"

"I'm in love with you." Alex repeats before looking down in embarrassment.

Kara didn't know what to say.

Clearing her throat, Alex nods her head in defeat and makes her way toward the kitchen to pour herself a glass of scotch.

"Alex..." Kara couldn't say anything.

Shaking her head, Alex takes a long drink from her glass before refilling it. "It's fine, forget it."

Kara sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

Alex stood in the kitchen with her back toward Kara, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"I'm going to head home. I'm pretty tired." Kara said.

Nodding her head, Alex sniffles slightly but doesn't look at her sister.

"Bye." Kara said.

****

A few days passed and Alex seemed to distance herself from Kara, spending more and more time working or hanging out with Maggie.

Kara missed spending time with her sister.

It was becoming harder for her to focus on work when she couldn't even talk to her sister about anything that wasn't work related.

Kara sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair while she listened to Cat Grant talk.

"Keira, are you listening to me?" Cat asks, frowning slightly as she watches the 'younger' blonde.

"It's Kara." Kara muttered.

Cat's frown deepns. "Excuse me?"

"My name is Kara." Kara said louder.