Chapter One: The Dinoco 400

Darkness. Alone. Total isolation. The perfect setting to be alone with one's thoughts. Or in this case, motivating one's self before facing the big track. For the final race.

Heaving breathing could be heard. Breathing that belonged to a male. "OK... Here we go." He tells himself, his handsome voice filling the air. "Focus."

"Speed. We... are... speed." A second also handsome male voice filled the darkness.

They visualise being out there on the racetrack, zooming past the other drivers in a flash of colours and, the sound of crackling and roaring engines thundering just behind them.

"Two winners. 42 losers." The first voice started.

"We eat losers for breakfast." The images of racing past losers flashes in their mind, their engines accelerating and powering up, causing them to smirk.

The first voice suddenly dropped his smirk, due to another thought. "Breakfast. Wait, maybe we should have had breakfast? A little break-y would be good for us..." When flashes of delicious breakfast food popped in his head, he quickly shakes them away. "No, no, no, stay focused. Speed."

They now see themelves speeding past the other competition, leaving them in her dust. The two smirked widely. Much better.

"We're faster than fast."
"Quicker than quick!"
"We are Lightning!"

Yes. Self-motivation complete.

Just then, a knock on the door of their trailer comes in, followed by the voice of their long-time driver and partner, Mack. "Hey, Lightning! Are you and Bolt ready?"

Did he really have to ask? The door to the trailer began to open, letting some light into the darkness. "Oh, yeah! Lightning's ready." With a couple of revs from his engine, he began to roll forward, heading towards the blinding lights outside of the trailer.

"And the 'Bolt' strikes next." The second voice announced, his engine revving in the process, as he began to roll forward out of the trailer.

If the crowds, followed alongside by the paparazzi not screaming out their names loudly, were not enough for the two, they sure are now as Lightning and Bolt take the final roll out of their trailer, finally revealing their true forms

Lightning McQueen has a set of blue eyes, and his main paintjob is a nice red colour. His body shape looks to be a combination of a a stock car and a more curvaceous Le Mans endurance racer, with his good looking more curved instead of being boxy, and he has a ducktail spoiler on his rear, giving him his stock car look. Sponsored by his team Rust-Eze, he has the team logo painted on his hood and back of his sides, along with the name on his red ducktail spoiler. His name is written on each side of his roof in yellow fancy writing, and he has a chrome lightning bolt sticker on both of his front fenders. He has a large lightning bolt shape on his sides that is yellow at the front, and orange at the back, and has individual black and white lines. His racing number 95 is painted yellow, orange and red, and is located on his roof and sides. Additionally, he has several decals of the Piston Cup teams over and under the end of the bolt shape, as well as stickers that look like headlights. His racing number is also displayed on one of them. He has black slick racing tyres which have the Lightyear brand on them, and his rims were red. His back bumper is painted yellow, indicating his rookie status.